Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laws regarding poisonous substances need advice!! please

Options
  • 03-05-2009 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

My neighbour claimed squatters rights on the backgarden of the house I am currently living in. Recently she has laid poison out my back. She placed a sign on a tree out the back saying 'Caution this land is being poisoned to animals.' I have one cat (who goes out the back everyday) and also have adopted 5 homeless cats that were living out the back and were in very poor health when i first arrived. I contacted the ISPCA and have neutered and got the cats health checks. I have been feeding them inside my kitchen. My concern is that the poison is located all around my house and I cannot let the cats out. I am also afraid to open windows etc... I contacted my local garda who was extremely rude, obnoxious and imtimidating. He at first dismissed me then when I refer him to the law regarding the laying of poisons he informed me he knew nothing about it. I called later to the station and he said he contacted the neighbour in question and that she was entitled to lay poison as she claimed rats were coming out from the river at the very back of the garden. The gard said this was a sufficient defence. Could anybody advice me on the laws that govern poison I have read them but somebody might no a lot more than me. I am just wondering what to do I am very bewildered and would greatly appreciate it any help! Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

Not her land, she has no business laying poison, frak squatters' rights

Why not ring Joe Duffy to complain? He might feature it on his show, it'll make a change from the usual drivel

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

Why dont you just remove the poison? If its in your garden then you have every right to. Your neighbour should really put the poison into some sort of bait station that cats and dogs cannot get into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Speak to a solicitor with regard to tresspass and other matters. Legal advice cannot be given on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Is it your house? You say you're living in it so I'm thinking you're renting? If that's the case then the garden isn't yours per se....maybe your landlord should be notified of what's going on...

Also, don't let any of the cats out til it's safe for them!

Advertisement