Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba 37"Regza HD LCD TV €499 Tesco

Options
  • 02-05-2009 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Had reduced this from €799 to €599, today its down to €499. the model is 37AV555

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭slemons

Thanks!
    Which branch?
    I just enquired off the branch in the Crescent, Limerick and it was €599.
    Do Tesco pricematch against other stores I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Artane Castle, I dont think they price match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

ninty wrote: »
    Had reduced this from €799 to €599, today its down to €499. I think the model is 37XV555

Thats right, saw that in Tesco today. There's another one on offer.

Philips 42" Full HD - Series 5000
    42PFL5603D/01 for €650 - I think its a decent price for Full HD tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

One Toshiba left in Portlaoise Tesco, if anybody wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

coldfire1x wrote: »

Philips 42" Full HD - Series 5000
    42PFL5603D/01 for €650 - I think its a decent price for Full HD tv.

Damn right about that. About as good an lcd tv as one could get for 650E

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 CS9

big pockets . co. uk have a 37 inch tv for 299 pound. i have one and its f*ckung class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

CS9 wrote: »
    big pockets . co. uk have a 37 inch tv for 299 pound. i have one and its f*ckung class

Actually no i don't think they do anymroe.. that is gone from their site for quite a while iirc.

This is an OK offer I guess,
    It's cheaper on amazon but im not sure they deliver tv's here (and after they add on Irish Vat any saving is seriously diminished anyway)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-37XV555DB-Widescreen-1080P-Freeview/dp/B00179SI3E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1241308638&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Redisle wrote: »
    Actually no i don't think they do anymroe.. that is gone from their site for quite a while iirc.

This is an OK offer I guess,
    It's cheaper on amazon but im not sure they deliver tv's here (and after they add on Irish Vat any saving is seriously diminished anyway)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-37XV555DB-Widescreen-1080P-Freeview/dp/B00179SI3E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1241308638&sr=8-1

£459.99 is around E520!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Bought this TV in Tesco Enniskillen last Oct for £499 - its a great TV and €499 is a great price. Saw lots of them in Tesco Ballina (Mayo) over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Plenty in Tesco Maynooth yesterday too. Also a full HD Phillips 42" for €699, didn't note the model no. though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭raddo

Tesco Mahon Point in Cork had them on Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭billius

holly8 wrote: »
    Bought this TV in Tesco Enniskillen last Oct for £499 - its a great TV and €499 is a great price. Saw lots of them in Tesco Ballina (Mayo) over the weekend

Do you know the exact model number? Is it definitely 37XV555DB?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d8player

billius wrote: »

What's the returns policy with Tesco? Is the guarantee with them or with Toshiba?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d8player

billius wrote: »

I took a look in Tesco and its the 37AV555 model which is HD Ready not full HD. Pixel resolution is 1366 X 768 as opposed to the 1920 x 1080. Its still a good price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just thought i'd give this a bump.
    In my local tesco( Arklow) there are about 4 on the floor and it is reduced to € 399 Model number 37AV555DB.
    Probably the last of them as tesco seem to be getting in a new range of Sonys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

€400 for a 37" is a great price, especially from a good make like Toshiba.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

€429 in Clearwater. Saw two people with them in the trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Greenview

8 left in Galway. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Priced €399 in Castlebar, didn't see how many there was tho. Great price for a lovely looking telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

G/f picked one up in Douglas Cork today -They had 2 left. Best value 37" I ve seen so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

CH3OH wrote: »
    Just thought i'd give this a bump.
    In my local tesco( Arklow) there are about 4 on the floor and it is reduced to € 399 Model number 37AV555DB.
    Probably the last of them as tesco seem to be getting in a new range of Sonys

There may be another delivery of these Monday then that's it. It's now cheaper than the 32" Toshiba.

Also a Samsung 37" came in at €599 but we got a good few of them which usually means they'll go down....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Anyone got one of these setup yet? wondering what the picture quality is like..

There is 12 of them right now in Tesco Wilton.. just back from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

7 on the floor in Tesco Gorey.
    Picked one up today - picture quality is grand. Nothing to write home about, but grand enough like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Redisle wrote: »
    Anyone got one of these setup yet? wondering what the picture quality is like..

There is 12 of them right now in Tesco Wilton.. just back from there.

If you go to Douglas you will see it in action. They TV is on with a HD channel. It is beside a sony for more that €1000 and the picture is not that different tbh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

399 Tesco Maynooth. 2 left in a pallet on the floor

I think I'll get one of these this evening. Any problems so far with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Was going to purchase one of these in clearwater today but was told by a lad who works there that people were returning them because they could only get english channels on them.
    Has anyone any experience of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

There is about 3-4 of these left in Castlebar if anyone is interested!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Seriously folk- if you can afford it- pay the EUR200 extra for the Samsung.....

• Advertisement

Well I got one last night and am happy with it. I don't think the Samsung would be worth the extra €200.

Advertisement