Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loopthing Business Network

Options
  • 02-05-2009 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Just launched the Loopthing Business Network and we are looking to get some feedback on its initial functionality.

www.loopthing.com

Second release of features coming next week.

Joseph

CEO
    Loopthing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

I'm confused, what is the web site meant to do? Is it a business directory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Joseph Kelly

Hi Fintan,

What we are building is a platform for businesses to relate to their customers in a more social environment, by maximising the use of media content and networking opportunities.

As the site has just launched, it will take time for content to build to a suitably beneficial level.

Our second release of features will be live this week, and this will further the functionality of the network.

So with a little more time, both businesses and customers will realise the potential of the service.

Joseph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I find it confusing too.
    Like the site though. Very clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭W!zard

Clean website but lacking in extra Web 2.0 details to make it better. As you said new features are going live soon, include the ability to link to other Networks for your users, so they can take their friends / customers from the larger databases and grow yours.

Let us know when the new features go online!

Nearly there for the next release, update tomorrow.

We are also putting into production a detailed descriptive video on the basic usability of the network and our vision for its development.

Keep an eye on our blog for updates http://blog.loopthing.com/

• Advertisement

Our second release will be going live between tomorrow night and Thursday morning.

All feedback welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Our second release will be going live between tomorrow night and Thursday morning.

All feedback welcome

Joseph,

Get Mary on this - its really confusing as to what its about - its too in your face and no explaination,

C

Thanks for your feedback, yes we will endeavour to make the network more understandable for all users.

I think we also need to emphasise that what you see online now are the basic elements of the project, there is much more to come over the weeks and months ahead.

The platform just needs some time to stretch its legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Hi Joseph - I am intrigued by what is to come - I dont have a sense as to what it is just yet :confused:
    What we are building is a platform for businesses to relate to their customers in a more social environment, by maximising the use of media content and networking opportunities.

May I also suggest that you work on the elevator pitch as I think I know what its saying but not sure - you use much more simple and I believe relevant language in your company profile.

Re site - love the crisp clean look - mouse over boxes on main page too big IMO.

Best of luck and will be keeping an eye on progress.

Hey,

Yes, I think we need to expand the business community on Loopthing and implement some of the additional features that we are developing in order for the network to show it's true appeal.

Networks are now live - http://bit.ly/3XcJJT

We also have two design changes that will be made over the next few days, which will make the site more functional.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Hi Fintan,

So its like a cross between linkedin and facebook but aimed at businesses allowing them a platform to interact with their customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭W!zard

Sounds about right Fintan!
    There should be a market store section where various discounts / products are up for sale / discount / free wares to give customers a boost to use the site more. The businesses can connect with their customers and share in a pool of cross over customers from different markets. Just a thought :rolleyes:

Hope it goes well for you :)

Fintan,

Yes we are trying to provide features available from both those networks, as well as specific business industry related features unique to Loopthing

Yes wizard we are definitely trying to encourage discounts to be made available on the site http://blog.loopthing.com/?p=199, and we are designing features to capture this. A specific area for this could be in the pipeline...

Thanks for the feedback guys

Advertisement