Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to drink

Options
  • 01-05-2009 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

I haven't found what to drink that I can get in pubs that I like. Fizzy drinks are horrible, orange juice is nice but I drink it too fast, water I'd like something with a flavour in it and as for some of the non-alcoholic beer, I don't like beer, my drinks were whiskey, rum, brandy(all without mixers) and wine. I've decided to stop drinking but I just don't know what to drink instead of something alcoholic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Ask for a cordial to mix your water with! They might charge you a euro after 12 tho as some places in Cork do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Blackcurrant cordial works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Hogzy wrote: »
    Ask for a cordial to mix your water with! They might charge you a euro after 12 tho as some places in Cork do this!

Seriously? That's madness!

Anytime I've asked for a pint of blackcurrant in a pub it's cost around 1 euro or sometimes they've even just given it to me for free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

BTW, don't feel as if you have to keep up with your friends. I posted again recently that I've seen mates who are off drink for whatever reason that feel compelled to go rounds of soft drinks in a group. Personally, I wouldn't go through 2-3 soft drinks in a night...

elekid wrote: »
    Seriously? That's madness!

Anytime I've asked for a pint of blackcurrant in a pub it's cost around 1 euro or sometimes they've even just given it to me for free :)

Huh, whats your boggle youve basically repeated what i just said?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ger77

I like Mustard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

cantdecide wrote: »
    BTW, don't feel as if you have to keep up with your friends. I posted again recently that I've seen mates who are off drink for whatever reason that feel compelled to go rounds of soft drinks in a group. Personally, I wouldn't go through 2-3 soft drinks in a night...

What? to me this makes no sense, my friends and me normally don't do rounds, too much hassle and one person always ends up broke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

Orla try mixing ginger ale and soda water or something like that or soda and lime both great on there own as well.

Advertisement