Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€3.5 million

Options
  • 01-05-2009 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

worth of drugs discovered in a halting site in Drogheda today, more to follow no doubt.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Halting site? Were the drugs hidden inside gates and dags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

I'm sure the travellers there knew nothing about it! We're only discriminating against them ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Amazing what you can hide inside hollowed out boulders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

I've always believed that the first political party in this country to declare a pogrom against Travellers and the underclasses would have a landslide victory at a general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    I've always believed that the first political party in this country to declare a pogrom against Travellers and the underclasses would have a landslide victory at a general election.

Send them all to camps... to help them concentrate?

Concentration is key.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

phasers wrote: »
    Send them all to camps... to help them concentrate?

Concentration is key.

eh,aren't they in camps already.?
    and it could be a bit hard to concentrate with 3.5 millions worth of coke to hand. helluva party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

"I stand here in the dock today ladies and gentlemen, to tell you that it was all for my own use, my personal consumption. I have a bad habit, I thought that in these economic times it would be better to bulk buy.
    ...so I went and bought a few batches on the cheap."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

If you're going to start a topic, at least give some information about what you're talking about. Maybe quote an article about it, or at least give a link to an article. It's only polite.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mr.Lizard wrote: »

A pogrom. It wouldn't be related to these yokes (http://leebialecki.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/022208-1758-pogs1.jpg) would it? I'd vote for a party that gave out free pogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

If you're going to start a topic, at least give some information about what you're talking about. Maybe quote an article about it, or at least give a link to an article. It's only polite.

Link

Cocaine with a potential street value of €3.5m has been uncovered by gardaí during an operation in Drogheda.
    Gardaí and customs officers entered a halting site on the edge of the town at around 7am.
    During a search of a caravan gardaí say they found weighing scales, which led them to search a large patch of waste ground nearby.
    Advertisement

During that search, a substance believed to be cocaine was found as well as more weighing scales.
    Another 500g of the drug was found later in bags ready for sale.
    Gardaí also uncovered a Webley revolver and ammunition.
    Further searches this afternoon uncovered another 25k of cocaine along with a mixing agent.
    A 25-year-old man was arrested in connection with the finds and is being questioned in Drogheda Garda station.
    Today's seizures were the culmination of a garda operation which has been ongoing in the area for several months.
    Gardaí were backed up by members of the Drogheda drugs unit, the National Drugs Unit, the Criminal Assets Bureau, dog units and officials from customs and excise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Famous45 wrote: »
    3.5m worth of drugs discovered in a halting site in Drogheda today, more to follow no doubt.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Bang goes yer supply eh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

the devil's dandruff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

is it still wrong to call them knackers/tinkers/pikeys etc?

cos id never do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

So, how did this end up in the Waterford Forum?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Dude, you're in After Hours.

Dude, you're in After Hours.

I am now.Though i was in Waterford for a while. Bastards, must be my Cold Turkey stage.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

ye pair are helarias im in stitches .
    waterford

after hours

i would say the poor dag has sore knuckles tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Q the only well spoken traveller in the country, aka the spokesperson for Pavee point "there's always one or two bad apples"!

Don't be discriminatin' against the travelling community.

It's not often they actually get caught red handed.

Victor_M wrote: »
    Q the only well spoken traveller in the country, aka the spokesperson for Pavee point "there's always one or two bad apples boss"!

Don't be discriminatin' against the travelling community boss.

FYP;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

The drugs were only resting in their caravans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

beardo81 wrote: »
    is it still wrong to call them knackers/tinkers....

Both are or were names for occupations they did so no

mikemac wrote: »
    Both are or were names for occupations they did so no

They used to do many years ago.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

galwayrush wrote: »
    FYP;)

i have nothen against them ,infact the oppossite they often done me a turn, some of them are dead sound. just a small minority of bad apples

what does fyp mean, some one quoted me with it a few weeks ago and i dunno what it means, i think i may have taken offence to fyp in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Fixed Your Post.

i have nothen against them ,infact the oppossite they often done me a turn, some of them are dead sound. just a small minority of bad apples

what does fyp mean, some one quored me with it a few weeks ago and i dunno what it means, i think i may have taken offence to fyp in the past

Just a joke.. Fixed Your Post.
    I agree, the vast majority of them are decent and will do you a turn.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

If you're going to start a topic, at least give some information about what you're talking about. Maybe quote an article about it, or at least give a link to an article. It's only polite

There was no article at the time of posting, I did look on rte and breakingnews but nothing was being reported, I heard on the local news station and posted here. That alright for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Didnt think the Traaaavelersh were into the auld Persian rugs*.

Well they were... but this be the new shit :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

beardo81 wrote: »
    is it still wrong to call them knackers/tinkers/pikeys etc?

cos id never do that.

dont worry im sure someone will manage to find offense!
    tinker comes from the irish tincéir which was to do with their job at the time.. i think a modern irish word exists for them now related to their current occupation - gadaí i believe it is!!:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement