Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaelic and soccer team for Strathfoyle, Derry.

Options
  • 01-05-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Calling all Derry heads!

For those of you who are familiar with Derry, you may be aware (or not, as it seems) that Strathfoyle is an area which has been greatly overlooked for youth facilities. There used to be a Gaelic football team for the area, called Enagh G.A.C., but it has since become defunct and no effort has been made since to resurrect the team from its grave. The only local soccer team is called Lisahally F.C., but there is absolutely no sign of a youth setup and Lisahally only compete as a Sunday League team.

I simply wish to make this fact known and hope that you may have some suggestions which would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

is there any qualified coaches in the area to start something up?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

is there any qualified coaches in the area to start something up?

I don't know for sure. I know a few lads who are the current coaches of the Sunday League team, but I don't know if they're even properly qualified. I'm thinking about doing some coaching badges myself, but that will take some time. There are bound to be people interested in enriching their children's sports and social development - if parents could band together and contribute it would be great. Surely if a forum was set up for parents, they could reach agreements on certain things, for example putting money towards the construction of a club-house or at least changing rooms or even building them themselves? I was thinking that the local parish should have a big input. They could even name the club St. Oliver Plunkett's (name of the local chapel and national school) or something.

I'm aware that it would take time and work, but the suggestions are appreciated :)

Advertisement