Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult Learning - Pay

Options
  • 01-05-2009 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Are there any adult learning teachers out there who are not getting their full entitlement?

I'm employed by the VEC and my collegues and I are on the unqualified casual rate of pay scale with no increments >:-/ with no terms, pension, security etc. That's despite the fact that we're qualified, registered with the TC etc.

We are organising ourselves to get something done about this and would like to know what the conditions are in the other VEC's or centres around the country.

PM me if you don't want to talk publicly.

Karl

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭hot chick

Shocking! This says final decision is with TC, so if you're registered with them get on to them!

http://www.teachingcouncil.ie/registration_information/default.asp?NCID=533

Excerpt

Qualifications for VEC:
    1. Degree or equivalent in subjects relevant to the course.
    OR
    2. Degree and either
    (a) an appropriate qualification in an area relevant to the course.
    or
    (b) three years approved experience (including industrial and teaching experience) in
    the appropriate area.
    OR
    3. Qualifications other than those at 1 or 2 above which would be acceptable for
    posts in the Colleges sector.

Advertisement