Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract to print 'shop local' flyers given to UK firm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Tards

The boss of the chamber of commerce in Dundalk is Bill Tosh

There's your problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

They must've done that as a joke. I know I would've.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

So did they think that all of the people that have been driving up North have all been part of an elaborate Fine Gael and Labour plan to make the government look bad ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Laughable - the Dundalk had been (and still does) complaining that business is going out of the town.
    So while the boys in local offices there are crying about this happening - they do it themselves!

Its simple, one rule for them and another for the rest of us...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Patriotism at it's finest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

Bill Tosh wrote: »
    "We wanted to uncover the myth that things are more expensive in Dundalk (than the North)," he said.
    But he conceded the decision to go with the Newry printer was an economic one. "It is an open market and we had to take the best value," he said.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

This bunch of jokers have been making me laugh for years, if unintentionally. At least I now know that someone in the place has a sense of humour.

Reminds me of the story about a group of councillors from a small town who went to Dublin to plead that their local Rail line be kept open, by car!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Reminds me of the story about a group of councillors from a small town who went to Dublin to plead that their local Rail line be kept open, by car!
    They had to because the meeting was in the evening and they couldn't have got a train back. And it wasn't a meeting it was a fait accompli.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

or when the GM/Ford/Chrysler exec's each went to Washington in their own private jets to ask for a bail out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

They have two sitting TD's and this is the best crap they can come up with.
    (Seamus Kirk and Dermott O'Hern)
    Way to go lads!

I welcome the next election - pity it's not tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Well, somebody else was using the helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

ITDept wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/contract-to-print-shop-local-flyers-given-to-uk-firm-1725716.html

"We wanted to uncover the myth that things are more expensive in Dundalk (than the North)," he said.
    But he conceded the decision to go with the Newry printer was an economic one. "It is an open market and we had to take the best value," he said.

You couldn't make this stuff up. Genius.

Unbelievable. The idiocy of it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

ITDept wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/contract-to-print-shop-local-flyers-given-to-uk-firm-1725716.html

You couldn't make this stuff up. Genius.

Nice to have something to laugh at. Gob****es.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Irony, top score!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

this made me laugh when i seen it. well done Counciller!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

from West Cork, I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

This gives me that fuzzy warm feeling inside, more great publicity for "da town"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

My favourite part of all this is if they'd gone with a local company someone would have spun it as "Wasteful council gives lucrative printing contract to local cronies"

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm very surprised at the independent for leaving out that any EU company is entitled to bid for a tender process in any other state. One would almost think they are being a bit sensationalist.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement