Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Spamfighter sending out viral marketing spam?

Options
  • 01-05-2009 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Yesterday I received identical (word for word) e-mails from unrelated contacts. It looks like viral marketing for Spamfighter (pasted below).

Has anybody had similar messages? Where does it come from?
    If it's spamfighter generated, is it ethical for a spam filter to send out spam?

Cheeble-eers.
    "Subject: Dear Cheeble,

I use a good spam filter, and you probably do the same.
    I have whitelisted you and that means that I will receive all the emails you send to me.
    I would appreciate it if you would whitelist my email address: [e-mail address deleted] in your spam filter.

If you don't have a spam filter, I can recommend SPAMfighter. It is a highly effective free spam filter for Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail and Mozilla Thunderbird.

You can get the free SPAMfighter here:
    [weblink deleted]

I hope that you will whitelist me, so we can continue to communicate safely via email in the future.

Best regards"
    Tagged:

Advertisement