Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Match Thread ** Tues May 5th 19:15 WES2 Boardeaux 2-1 Roys Rovers

Options
  • 01-05-2009 10:44am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ed, Mick and Dan are missing this as they are of fin NY, so probably a good idea to get this started in case were missing anymore.

Roys Rovers ar eon 7 points, from their matches they've scored a few but conceded quite a few goals too. Another early season 6 pointer.

Edit: Art missing too.

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - No
    Dan -
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc - No

Midfield -

Gav -
    Iain -
    Lepo -
    Dave -
    Pat - No
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules -
    Eddie -
    Art - No

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I've a cup final the day before this so not sure what condition I'll be in. I'll be there obviously but might not be good for a full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I've a cup final the day before this so not sure what condition I'll be in. I'll be there obviously but might not be good for a full game.

best of luck with that martin (and peter), adamstown i assume?

i think conor is missing too on tuesday? dan aint coming to america, if he is away, then i dont know about it but must be for another reason!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

i think conor is missing too on tuesday? dan aint coming to america, if he is away, then i dont know about it but must be for another reason!

sorry Ed, I thought he was heading off with you aswell

Cheers Ed. It's just myself. Peter dropped out a while back. And yeh, it's Adamstown. Any advice for me? Never played these before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Score more goals than them, should do it

• Advertisement

Some excellent Dunphyesque advice there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Some excellent Dunphyesque advice there.
    I presume you know thats Des...

Who's Des?

Who's Des?
    Eamon Dunphy

I realised it in the first place and that last post was a joke. Jeez Keith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - No
    Dan -
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc - No

Midfield -

Gav -
    Iain -
    Lepo -
    Dave -
    Pat - No
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie -
    Art - No

Lost 4-1 :( Though it was much closer than that scoreline suggests. We dominated the 1st half. We're just shocking at the back and it cost us dearly. To add to the misery, the manager started the heads that have been around since the beginning so I got dropped! Only got 20 minutes. But atleast I'll be fresh for this game tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - No
    Dan -
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc - No

Midfield -

Gav -
    Iain -
    Lepo -
    Dave -
    Pat - No
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie - YES
    Art - No

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Goalkeepers -

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes

Ed - No
    Dan -
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc - No

Midfield -

Gav -
    Iain -
    Lepo -
    Dave -
    Pat - No
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie - YES

Art - No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Goalkeepers -

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes

Ed - No
    Dan - Yes
    Michael - Yes

Cathal - Injured
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - No

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain - Injured(still!!:mad:)
    Lepo - Yes
    Dave - Yes
    Pat - No
    Conor - No
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie - YES

Art - No

How long more are you out for Iain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Hopefully not too much longer but haven't even started back running on it or anything yet so a few more weeks anyway. Pretty annoying but no point rushing it

2-1 win.

Erm, weird game played in the windiest conditions we've played in since that first season in Colmcille's tbh.

They went ahead early on after a defensive mix-up that I hope we learn from and never, ever attempt again.

After that, Keith's cross from the right was caught by a gust and ended up in the net.

Second half, and we had the wind at our backs, and it scored for us, as Dave tried to put it over the fence, but the ball ended up in the goal as the wind took it over the keeper, who was under pressure from our forwards.

So, another three points, that bit of luck that we probably deserve was certainly there for us tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Roys Rovers 1 - Boardeaux 2 - Wind 3.

2-1 win.

They went ahead early on after a defensive mix-up that I hope we learn from and never, ever attempt again.
    Eddie is not allowed near our box every again!
    After that, Keith's cross from the right was caught by a gust and ended up in the net.

Thunderbolt right foot that was directed for the top corner!

3 well earned points boys, well done

• Advertisement

Not much to say bar we gave 100% and got a whole pile of luck :D Dave's, eh, attempt was going into the next field at one stage before it altered course. Some shocking goalkeeping though

great result. well done. overall, great night :D

Just to echo what Martin said, everyone was 100% committed in this. We hammered them in some challenges but received a few ourselves, everyone kept running to try and get a third goal as with the wind it was always a possibility that they'd fluke one in. But again 3 points in the bag:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Good result but could have gone either way. We were fairly poor in the first half, we got it together in the second half and really got stuck into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Link to the league table?

EDIT: Nevermind: Linky

good reading indeed :)

LeagueTable091.jpg

great start to the season, hopefully we can keep it up. another pleasing aspect from the last night was that even though we were missing about 6 players who would have been hoping to start, we still won. says alot about not only the lads that did play, but our squad and its something that can be the difference this time about. nobody is guaranteed a spot on the team, which can only benifit us and everybody on the squad can push for selection.makes picking the team really hard im sure.

in the past we have struggled in the summer months for teams, but this is the best squad we have had so hopefully, even having 12/13 for every game will mean a strong team no matter what. great stuff so far.

Advertisement