Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mistakes in new Log Book

Options
  • 01-05-2009 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Hi

I just got the new registration certificate back from Shannon for a camper I just imported from Germany. Its a 1991 Citroen with a Dethleffs body. Under section D.1 'Make' it says 'make unspecified' then under D.2 it says 'motorcaravan A532 LHD'. Nowhere does it say Citroen or Dethleffs. Is this normal? Also the engine number is wrong, it was never checked anyway and it doesn't appear on german papers so I don't know how they got it wrong.

Normally it wouldn't bother me but I was recently made redundant and will be selling this to raise money to start my own business. Will this be a problem? Looks a bit strange.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Hi bijapos, my logbook also states unspecified make.Think it must be the norm,why I don't know;)

Not sure bout having a wrong engine nos.... its certainley on my list for checking when ever I buy a secondhand vehicle.I'm sure it could be easily resolved.

Good luck with your sale,you going to post it on adverts.ie? Know a couple of people who are looking for a van at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Mine also says "make unspecified" so I think it's normal enough.
    As to the engine number, I think they just make it up from the first few digits of the chassis number. Don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Ok, thanks for the replies.

loobylou: just went through the log book and found the 'engine number' is the last 6 numbers of the chassis number written BACKWARDS :rolleyes:. I supppose its one way of doing it. Section 'G Mass in service' is written as 55555 kg!! but power (P.2) is down as 55555555555555555555 kw so its not a problem. :). Should be faster than a Veyron so.

Aerosol: before I decided to sell it I had it booked in for a service this week anyway so it should be up for sale in about 10 days or so for about 10k or so.

Thanks again for the replies.

Advertisement