Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Deal or no deal - HID kit - 56Stg shipped

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

They look grand, in fairness, I bought a set from HID Ireland (for a fair bit more than those ones) and they look exactly the same.

The only thing to maybe ask the seller if these are digital ballasts, some HID kits show a blown bulb on the dash permanently.

You'll probably have to cut off the back of the existing bulb mount to allow the Hid pass through, bit of a pain but if you are in any way handy shouldn't be much of a problem.

Make sure you rough align them yourself after install and go to a professional and get them properly aligned right away though, there are very few things more annoying on the roads than poorly aligned HID/Xenon bulbs blinding oncoming traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Yeah, i have a Dremel which has seen some work in the past, so DIY is no probs. They look identical to most kits out there, and for that price, it's not breaking the bank.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i just fitted a set of the new HID kits (canbus wiring and electric ballasts) to my 05 320d, and they caused nothing but trouble :mad:
    warning lights on dash, constant beeping of dash and also the management light to "get to a dealer" came on, there comming out tonight, there not worth that hassle!

the purchase price is very cheap, but the seller makes up for that with his postage costs! all inthough, its a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

i bought these very ones about 3 months ago 6k ones for my seat leon very easy to install they look great and make some difference to night driving i got mine delivered to northern ireland and saved alot on postage worked out at €44, there pretty good build quality also and so far touch wood ive had no probs worst thing was finding somewere to mount the ballasts but check out a bmw forum and im sure its been covered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Deal or not, I have issues with HID kits, they blind oncoming traffic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

kceire wrote: »
    i just fitted a set of the new HID kits (canbus wiring and electric ballasts) to my 05 320d, and they caused nothing but trouble :mad:
    warning lights on dash, constant beeping of dash and also the management light to "get to a dealer" came on, there comming out tonight, there not worth that hassle!

the purchase price is very cheap, but the seller makes up for that with his postage costs! all inthough, its a good price.

How much did you pay for them, were they plug and play? Are you planing on keeping them?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

steve06 wrote: »

Yepp ..me too.
    Anyone who fits one of those kits will be permabanned from motors *

*may only be wishful thinking

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

steve06 wrote: »

only if fitted incorrectly imo
    How much did you pay for them, were they plug and play? Are you planing on keeping them?

i paid €120 for them. i bought them off www.hidirl.com and the guy is taking them back no probs but you can have them for the €120 too if your intrested.

still have all the boxes and manuals etc etc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

www.hids4u.co.uk Got mine Here a little more Pricey but they are Digital Ballasts and really high Quality they design & produce there own products none of that cheap Chinese Crap on Ebay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Go with the 4300k bulbs....a whiter light and more of an oem look. If you get a "check light" on the dash you can get seperate resistor packs that plug inline to the ballasts. Alternatively, the check light can be disabled in the LCM by certain diagnostic/coding equipment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement