Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jukebox Software

Options
  • 30-04-2009 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi can anyone recommend some good jukebox software? I've just archived all my music cd's and would like to set up an old pc as a stand alone music player..

Currently testing the trial version of J. River Media Center 13. Its ok but I was wondering if there's anything better out there, whether it be free s/w or one you have to pay for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Maybe take a look at www.mediamonkey.com/

or perhaps media portal has this function www.team-mediaportal.com/

I don't use either of them or a jukebox function, for general play back I use Vista MC

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Album Player is also good, http://www.albumplayer.com/

If you ever put in a touch screen it works really well. You can also download a demo of it to try it. I think it costs about €30, but it is a once off payment and get free updates forever

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

I've used SK Jukebox (version 3) quite a few times, set up on stand alone cheap PC's controlling just using a numeric keypad.
    Free and easy to set up and use, works like "real" jukeboxes which everyone knows how to work (scroll left and right, enter album and track using numbers).

Works well if you have your folder art already downloaded in each album directory.

Advertisement