Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Foundation

Options
  • 30-04-2009 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi Ladies

Im going on holidays Sunday so going buying new foundation today after work (not that I need it!) im using Lancome at the moment but getting tired of it now, before that I used Mac.

Can anyone recommend a brand you found good?

Im going to Mahon Point in Cork after work only places to buy make up are Debenhams and Boots

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

What type of skin do you have - dry, oily, combination? What type of coverage are you looking for? Are you looking for a satin or matte finish? And do you prefer liquid, powder or cream foundations?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Depuy lady

Sorry should have given more detail. I have normal skin, get the odd spot but nothing major. Im looking for full coverage and id like probably to have a sun kissed look. I normally use liquid foundation but am open to ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Trying to remember which brands are in Debenhams in Mahon Point....think there is a benefit counter, Estee Lauder etc. Lancome do nice foundations with a variety of different coverages (too dark for me unfortunately as I am as white as milk!).

You could also try Clinique, I'm sure there's a Clinique counter there. For the sun kissed look you could use a bronzer or something shimmery. Bobbi Brown foundations are usually really good - not sure if they are in MP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

The bobbi brown tinted moistouriserer is really nice! Personally i never wear foundation on hols, way too thick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

I swear by No.7's mousse foundation.
    It has sun protection of factor 15 so perfect for holidays.
    Its really light and fluffy, and gives amazing coverage.
    I have normal skin too and find it doesnt dry out or make my skin shine like some others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CorkLady1983

vita lumerie by chanel... such lovely foundation....worth every penny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Depuy lady

Hi All,

I ended up getting Benefit Flawless its lovely, feels nice and light on the skin and its not oil based so doesnt clog up the pores

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

Depuy lady wrote: »
    Hi All,

I ended up getting Benefit Flawless its lovely, feels nice and light on the skin and its not oil based so doesnt clog up the pores

Sounds good let us know what you think of it...

I just got Philosophy Air Brushed Canvas mineral make up on Monday. I went for the 'light' shade and think I may have found my perfect foundation...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 00ALXANDRA00

Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation stays on forever and gives good coverage! bobbi brown is really, really good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

Anyone else like Chanel Teint Innocence? It's great but it never gets the praise it deserves! lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I just got Philosophy Air Brushed Canvas mineral make up on Monday. I went for the 'light' shade and think I may have found my perfect foundation...:)[/QUOTE]

where did u get this, havent heard about it before

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

I'm after a new foundation too. I've been using MAC for a few years but I think it's a bit dark for me and I'd like to try something new. I was thinking of Bobbi Brown as I've heard it's great. Does anyone know how much it costs :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Varkov banned for a week for trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

No matter how many foundations I try, I always end up coming back to Clinique Superbalanced. It gives a nice medium coverage, goes on easiliy, lasts ages and has a nice dewy finish. Also at €27, it's not too pricey (my last Dior makeup cost €40 which I thought was mega steep!:eek:)

Advertisement