Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

International drivers permit abroad

Options
  • 29-04-2009 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭

I am going to Portugal tomorrow and will be renting a car from Hertz for the duration. The problem is that I changed company car yesterday and I just noticed that I left my drivers license in the old car. I have an International Drivers Permit at home, from 2002. Will this do the job or will have to get my Irish license before I go? I can't see any reason why an International Drivers Permit would not work, seeing as its for use world wide.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The international licence is not a real licence, just a translation of what's in your real licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭highdef

Ah I see.....well I better go find my old car tomorrow so!!! Thanks for that.

Advertisement