Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wolf hybrid pups

Options
  • 29-04-2009 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hey all! i am considering buying a wolf hybrid pup i think they are beautiful rare animals and it would be a joy to own one, does anyone have any experience of these animals? i have heard they can be a handful? and does anyone know what type of money they cost? thanks in advance, Jen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Any chance of "wolf hybrid" on here going the same way as "foglights" on motors? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Another thread link that might be of interest....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055081196

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

What in the name of God is the fascination with wolf hybrids?
    Are normal dogs not good enough anymore?
    There was a time something like a husky would be considered rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I didn't even know they existed. I can imagine they would be a very serious handful.

Would they howl much, I wonder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

my next door neighbour has one seemed like a loveley dog until he got in to my garden last week and killed all my chickens not so impressed now:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

Not another one of these posts.....I never thought so many people would think owning a wolf cross would be a good idea, I think people are obsessed with having the most usual dog these days its all about image!!! and then alot of these dogs end up in pounds when the breed goes out of fashion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

kazza90210 wrote: »
    and then alot of these dogs end up in pounds when the breed goes out of fashion!

And many are PTS when they do end up in pounds as they are considered dangerous dogs.

Please don't get a hybrid pup, OP. Lots of rescues and pounds have fabulous "wolfy looking" dogs that need homes.
    Check out these sites and I am sure you will fall in love with one of the dogs that they have.:)

www.dogsindistress.org

www.dogsaid.ie

www.paws.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

No please not more wolfhybrids.Anyone considering a wolf hybrid should read egars post .Please dont get a wolf hybrid its not fair on the animal .if indeed half the ones advertised are genuine wolf x.Most are gsd x husky.the only way to prove it is dna testing.Please dont take one of these animlas on you are only encouraging people to breed these poor animals that are so mixed up as the call of the wild is strong in them and its just plain bloody cruel on the animal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭goldfishlover

get a pure bred wolf insteadf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

There is a breeder of Northern Inuit dogs in Ireland, and she recently had a litter, don't know if there are any pups left. I saw her last weekend at a weight pulling competition with one of her males, and he was absolutely gorgeous. I'd say they are most wolf like pet dog that you can get, and allegedly they have some wolf hybrid in their ancestry way back.

Obviously puppies aren't allowed to be sold on here, so I won't give out her details, but Call Me Socket got her two NIs from this lady, so talk to her if you're interested maybe.

On a side note, I love siberian huskies because of the way they look, and the job they do. I fell in love with them after going mushing in Canada. However, I'm not into wolves, but most people think that I must love wolves cos I love the sibes. So I tend to get pressies with wolves on them, calendars, tshirts, etc etc. Hmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

what about wolf/dingo hybids? with a little dash or red fox, i heard they can be a bit wild, is this true?:eek::D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

BryanL wrote: »
    what about wolf/dingo hybids? with a little dash or red fox, i heard they can be a bit wild, is this true?:eek::D:p

They are soooo yesterday ...a Wolpertinger is where it's at.

1093375_preview.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PBT

A good friend had two wolf hybrids, both from the same litter one dog one bitch.They where quite well behaved didnt show aggression, but every year when halloween came they would have to give the the hybrids valium to calm them down, they would go crazy at the fireworks and lash out the bitch grabbed my forearm one year and left a nice little scar as a reminder....the Hybrids died two years following.Just thought Id share that story with ya's

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

They also cant tolerate vaccinations or wormers .As the other poster said get a northern innui or a tamaskan or a utonagan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭leelee_m

I really cannot even comprehend why so many people want a wolf hybrid???? its insane! And its just plain cruel on the animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

I'll tell you why they want one... because they look cool and it makes the owner look really tough when they tell people what they have on the lead. I think that's pretty much it, I can't for the life of me think of any other reasons, and I don't care WHO I offend by saying that. It's an absolutely ridiculous idea.
    Why won't a regular dog do for these people?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Ruby Soho wrote: »
    because they look cool and it makes the owner look really tough when they tell people what they have on the lead.

I don't think a lot of the people who want these dogs want to look tough. I think they want to look awesome!!!!! Like an amazing communer with the wild who can tame a wolf. As if they just walked off a Disney movie about a lonely but wonderful kid and his tame wolf.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

LOL!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

anyone remember that show 'due south' with the canadian mounty and his wolf who became cops in new york? i used to watch that as a kid and think a wolf would just be the coolest pet.

then i grew up..........

think op needs to do a little growing up at some stage before owning a pet of any shape or size ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 married

For Gods sake, if you want a dog, go to the pound or a shelter and rescue one, a wolf is a WILD ANIMAL and not meant for captivity even in a hybrid form, cop on to yourself, as another poster said you are encouraging these stupid breeders to come up with more and more outlandish crosses just so they can make money, get a grip, get a shelter dog and save a life!!

Advertisement