Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in Galway???

Options
  • 29-04-2009 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice on where to go fishing in Galway. I am a beginner and the only experience I have is rock/pier fishing. I will be visiting Galway next week and would like to have a go. Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

what kind of fishing

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

where in galway are you going?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

I'd be interested in finding out about it as well
    heres a local angling forum
    http://westernfishing.ning.com/
    (Angling news, photo's, video's and reports from the west of Ireland )
    happy fishin'

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cuculainn

just going to bump this up again.....Does any one have a good locations for fishing round galway...especially near the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mecrazy3

i mite be able to help what type of fishing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Looking to head to Galway next weekend ot do a spot of fishing. Looking for somewhere i could pitch a tent and fish away at night if we fancy it. Would love to go somewhere with the chance of catching a few trout. I'm in Clare so am hoping to avoid travelling too far north of Galway city. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

^^
    anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

maybe if this thread was moved to the galway city forum there might be more feedback

I, too have just bought a rod and reel and am interested in finding out some spots to fish near Galway

I am a complete beginner though and would just be interested in some nice spot on a sunny day where I can sit by the lake/river/sea, have a few beers and cast the line with the chance of catching anything

any tips on:

1. nice places to go near or in Galway city for just some leisure/beginner fishing

2. fishing technique for the beginner out there with just a basic rod and reel, (this ic called spinning right)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Michael Angelo.

I spent the incomming tide at the approaches to Galway Harbour this morning, nothing moving at all.. probably a little bit early for the macks though

On a separate note with regards fishing tackle, I went to a certain tackle shop in an industrial estate this week and found them to be very dear. I'm not naming names for obvious reasons, but they seem to want to make money on everything.. The best example I can give albeit a minor minor one is the sea rigs, ie. mackeral feathers, iv often bought a rig with the swivels already attached, this establishment does not sell these types of rigs however charges the same prices as if they had swivels attached.. a packet of about 8 snap on swivels are €3.90..

I just feel they are expensive, open to correction though..

Back on topic, Nothing to report on the Mackeral front, local gurus say head to kinvara or black head on the full tide...

Advertisement