Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mallow Racecourse

Options
  • 29-04-2009 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Saw a sign when passing the racecourse the other day. At a quick glance it seemed to be advertising an online petition to change the name of Cork Racecourse, Mallow to Mallow Racecourse. Wanted to have a look-see, but when passing today the sign is gone and in it's place is a huge ad for the garden festival. Anyone notice this? or know details of the sign. My dad was hoping to support the petition.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

first i heard of it but im all for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Never going to happen, most people know where Cork is but associating the racecourse with Mallow would put a lot of people off going there. Yeah I said it, lets nuke Mallow not Buttevant. Buttevant FTW. :p

Never going to happen, most people know where Cork is but associating the racecourse with Mallow would put a lot of people off going there. Yeah I said it, lets nuke Mallow not Buttevant. Buttevant FTW. :p

Yeah but it was known as mallow for donkeys years before the did the place up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

I think the answer is in your reply.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭biomech

never goin to happen and its nothing to do with associating the course with mallow. 75% of attendees will have to drive through mallow and arrive at the course 1 mile later.... everyone knows its in mallow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭scuby

ted walsh was talking about "mallow racesourse" on the TV 2/3 years ago and said he would always call it that, and could not understand why it was called "cork racecourse"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Always heard it was something to do with Brosnan and funding?Amazed when the place became "Cork" that they chose to keep it on the river floodplain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Noone would go to it if it was Mallow racecourse:)
    Now CORK racecourse, that's a name for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭biomech

no one goes there anyway... one of the worst attendance levels of all courses in the country... and again its nothing to do with the name.....

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    Noone would go to it if it was Mallow racecourse:)
    Now CORK racecourse, that's a name for you.

i'd say u would be better off Here :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

i'd say u would be better off Here :D

Excuse me now ! But I'm kanturk born and raised and my grandad used to own Fitzy's back in the day so you can that forum and shove it where the sun don't shine !

Advertisement