Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I AM NOT LEFTHANDED, Whelans, Feb 23rd

Options
  • 29-04-2009 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

I AM NOT LEFTHANDED (Letterbox Records)

With Special Guests The Contenders Comedy Collective + Murder Plan

Upstairs @ Whelans

Tuesday May 5, Doors 8pm

PAY AS YOU LIKE - Free entrance, pay what you think it was worth/what you can afford on the way out

"Another of those rare things that at only five seconds in you know instantly you're going to fall headlong in love with.” (losingtoday.com)

“A song to hold to yourself, to sing to the north-east wind until the dust is out of your eyes.” (fabulist.org)

“When a simple musical idea is done exceptionally well it instantly leaves the dabblers and wannabes in the shade - I am not left handed does just that, effortlessly, gracefully and with an indisputable beauty.” (bullandgate.co.uk)

An absolutely flawless, touching, rich chocolate sauce voice over simple, but yearning guitar, bass & drums can be heard on ‘Yes Means No: 6 & 1/6th songs that don't always give a straight answer’. No battling elements, just a smooth natural flow with the lyrical, confident styles of Natalie Merchant and Joni Mitchell blended with the indie-rock sensibilites of Death Cab and Rilo Kiley.

Mostly Irish, but currently London-based, I Am Not Lefthanded have performed around the UK with Duke Special, The Fools, The Answering Machine and The Rumble Strips. In August 2008 they released a mini-album, 'Yes Means No: 6 & 1/6th songs that don't always give a straight answer' on fast-rising UK indie, Letterbox Records. After a memorable tour of Ireland in early February, I Am Not Lefthanded are back for a one-off show in Whelans to mark the launch of their new download-only single, Everybody Sleeps.

www.iamnotlefthanded.com
    www.myspace.com/iamnotlefthandedeither

Advertisement