Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hans Holzer 26th Jan 1920-26th April 2009

Options
  • 28-04-2009 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Hans-Holzer.jpg

One of the Original Paranormal Investigators and Aurthor

The Paranormal Commuinty lost a true hero.:(

Holzer was born in Vienna, Austria. In his life, Hans Holzer wrote 138 books on the supernatural and occult for the popular market as well as several plays, musicals, films, and documentaries and hosted a television show. He was a renowned parapsychologist.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Sad day, we're running out of heroes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

its sad when anyone dies but lets be real here. He was mainly the first paranormal celebrity who used the modern equipment of his day - which these days looks 'old skool'. I wouldnt call him a hero - and I say that with all respect.

If Hans was starting off these days, then he'd be on Most Haunted.

iamhunted wrote: »
    .If Hans was starting off these days, then he'd be on Most Haunted.

:eek:

i do understand he is up there on a very high pedestal in the paranormal field, but I prefer to call a spade a spade and really - if he was born in this era in the UK, he'd be on Most Hunated without a doubt. Or Paranormal State or something.

It does amaze me when i read on Holziers firm belief in mediums and the spirit world. He didnt seem to base much of his theories on much more than what Danny would class as 'an orbie' would these days- which is why I am confused as to why he classed as a paranormal research hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

At the end of the day his books have help many paranormal investigator and people with problems ,,plus he was investigating before it was popular,before you were born and before we had anything in the feild we have now,,GOD BLESS OLD SCHOOL,,,if it wasnt for guys like holzer most people wouldnt be investigating today ,,,i know i have learned alot from reading his books,,,like debnking a cold spot with a candle,,,lol got to love the paranormal drafts,,
    i like reading his books the experiments he did were good but to today standards were out there, but if we add our own ideas to his experiments isnt that what its all about ,,
    take it as you will he will always be a hero in my eyes,anyone who travels the world in search of proof is a hero in my eyes,did he get proof,,i doubt it, but back then an orb was proof up to 5 years ago to some teams an orb was proof all the teams out there that investigate are heros to me,,,the orbies can stay away,,,lol

I know his terms on mediums etc,he traveled the world to find one,but there wasnt a medium or psychic in every house ,,,every street everyones friend wasnt a medium,,,way back then, so did he find a some true ones i cant say,
    i belive there are people with this gift but not as many as they say ,,,

and i know iam hunted you have met mediums that have blown you away ,,,maybe he did the same :eek:we just dont know
    you say if he was in the uk he would have been on most haunted ,,,great when it started we all were watching the same programme and liked it any one says they didnt they woulnt know so much about the show to hate it as i do but then it got silly as every paranormal TV show does hence why i dont watch them anymore,,REMEMBER,,,Its entertainment

if we based our investigations on what we seen on tv well we might as well read tv guides to research,,

• Advertisement

granted he was a pioneer in that he pushed the envelope. still though - Im not a fan of idol worship.

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    and i know iam hunted you have met mediums that have blown you away ,,,maybe he did the same :eek:we just dont know

One medium - thats all Ive met.

I tried reading some of his stuff though but the whole spirit thing put me off. the man used a tape recorder, a camera and mediums - so Dan .. I dont want to hear you medium bashing any more!!

PLus he's got a psychic yellow pages things as well - I mean fine .. he was and will always be respected by many but I find it weird how people today will laugh at spiritualism and mediums yet think hans holzer was god. thats exteremely contradictory

ok his belives might have been diffrent to mine or yours but he still a great pioneer for this feild,,,who would you class in this feild as a pioneer,,,

remember he used the camera ,,,tape recorders and a medium when that all he had ,,times change.

honestly? I'd say there were plenty more around during his time but they didnt get on telly, or write books. PLus, as the man himself says in his 1970s something tv show - he used the 'most modern equipment' - which then meant mainly the best cameras and tape recorders. It may look oldskool now but so does the Osmondes. It was state of the art then.

At the same time, lets have some respect for the dead here - Im not trying to have an argument. I'd trying to fathom why this man in particular, out of all the paranormal researchers stretching back over the past 100 years, is more of a hero than any of the rest. He wasnt the originator of paranormal research -even Harry Price, god luv us, was classed as one. The ASPR was set up over 100 years ago so he arrived pretty late in the game.

He *was* though one of the earliest paranormal celebrities and one of the first to be recognised as a paranormal researcher. Im telling ye - most haunted. go check out one of his TV shows if you dont get what I mean ... theres one on the LP forum somewhere. I will say no more, as the man should be left to rest in peace.

hahahahahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Who are considered pioneers and/or legends in the field of paranormal research?
    I d like to read up on them.

i dont know about legendary researchers but pioneers would probably be those who started the earliest like the ghost club of london, SPR etc

Advertisement