Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewall question

Options
  • 28-04-2009 9:26pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I have always used ZoneAlarm and Avast on my laptop and on my desktop I use Kapersky all in one (fantastic program) but I am looking at setting up a firewall on a laptop for someone who would not be that computer saavy. I want to be able to install a firewall that will not require too much interaction from them. ZoneAlarm is great once setup but I dont want them ringing me everyday saying something keeps popping up!!

Any suggestions as to what would be the best ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Hi.

I would recommend Comodo personal firewall. Doesn't use to much resources and easy to set up.
    Also don't get pop-ups or nag screens from it.
    Link

Advertisement