Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub in Kilkenny City

Options
  • 28-04-2009 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi,

Im looking for some advice on the pubs of Kilkenny. We are getting married there next month and are staying on the night after the wedding for a night out with some family and friends. What pub could people recommend? There will be about 15 of us so we wouldnt have to reserve an idea. Personally i love old pubs particularly ones with live bands. It'll be a sat night if that helps? Would love some advice!

Also, any recommendations for a restaurant for that night also? Preferably nothing too pricey as its an expensive enough weekend for everyone anyway.

Thanks, newbie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

I'd say if you're lookin for an older pub with live music a good place to go would be Ryan's on Friary St (just off High St). Cleere's (Parliament St.) is good too but the music would be out the back of the pub so you'd be cut off from the bar! Plus there isn't always music on there, but it is a great spot. The Pumphouse on Parliament st can be good too. I'd say Ryan's would be your best bet though.

There's a thread about places to eat out under "Dinner" on this forum already, plenty of good suggestions there.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ChristIsMurph

Kytlers on Kieran's Street usually have bands on a saturday too. Tomas Jackson I think plays there early in the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Ollchailin wrote: »
    I'd say if you're lookin for an older pub with live music a good place to go would be Ryan's on Friary St (just off High St). Cleere's (Parliament St.) is good too but the music would be out the back of the pub so you'd be cut off from the bar! Plus there isn't always music on there, but it is a great spot. The Pumphouse on Parliament st can be good too. I'd say Ryan's would be your best bet though.

There's a thread about places to eat out under "Dinner" on this forum already, plenty of good suggestions there.

Thanks for the replies. I know Cleeres and love it but didnt realise they did live music at all. Will go down some weekend soon and check out all the suggestions. thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭itsonlyme

A decent pub to take the family/friends ,sadly no live band though,
    is SYD HARKINS on Rose Inn Street. Very friendly and comfortable spot especially on a saturday night in Kilkenny and a big plus.... oodles of space down the back.........hey and even a pool table off the main bar too.....

Advertisement