Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jogging in Portarlington

Options
  • 28-04-2009 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

hi folks, where are popular places to go jogging in Portarlington? I've been thinking of taking it up with (hopefully) the summer approaching. The park seems a bit small, but it's the only place i can think of. I presume it's not a great idea to go running on the hard concrete footpaths outside the town, but i've seen people doing it. Do people use the fields at the Rugby or Gaelic club for jogging, or are there any other places used ?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

you could use carrick wood, its up past the train station, theres a nice few hills there and there is a track all the way aroundfrom one side to the other, its very popular with people that know the area

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

Heritage walking track at Killenard is 5km and is used by walkers and joggers.I think annual membership is €50.Its lit and relatively secure.

Alternatively,a mix of town and country would be from town square via Patrick Street to Kilmalogue and past Colaiste Iosagain,take next right turn,proceed to cross roads and turn right back into town square via Spa Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

No idea of routes cos I use a treadmill generally :D but this website is really useful if you are trying to work out distances for routes. It has Portarlington in it!

http://www.mapmyrun.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

them's some excellent suggestions, thanks folks. I'll hold off on Plan B for now - grease up my floor, hold onto the radiator and start running on the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 pnd82

Nice little walkway out by bottley lane down the bog would mainly use that for runs. or else would do interval training at gaa pitches. try to stay off concrete as much as possible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement