Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlueNEXT BN-909GR help

Options
  • 28-04-2009 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

Hey

I just bought a BlueNEXT BN-909GR bluetooth GPS receiver. It paired with my Nokia E51 fine and it worked great with the free java app MGMaps for about 5 minutes and then... the bluetooth seems to have died. Now, the unit's green light, which is meant to indicate the satellites acquisition, is constantly flashing once every 4 secs, no blue bluetooth indicator light, there's no reset button, the on\off button does not respond and the Li-ion battery doesn't look like it is designed to be dis-connected outside the factory (I carefully opened it up).

It seems to have gotten itself into some kind of loop that only a hard reset will fix but the battery is fixed in place and with no reset button.....

Any experiences with this unit? Any ideas how to resurrect it?

Thanks

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

jkforde wrote: »
    Hey

I just bought a BlueNEXT BN-909GR bluetooth GPS receiver. It paired with my Nokia E51 fine and it worked great with the free java app MGMaps for about 5 minutes and then... the bluetooth seems to have died. Now, the unit's green light, which is meant to indicate the satellites acquisition, is constantly flashing once every 4 secs, no blue bluetooth indicator light, there's no reset button, the on\off button does not respond and the Li-ion battery doesn't look like it is designed to be dis-connected outside the factory (I carefully opened it up).

It seems to have gotten itself into some kind of loop that only a hard reset will fix but the battery is fixed in place and with no reset button.....

Any experiences with this unit? Any ideas how to resurrect it?

Thanks

No idea on how to resurrect it. Have one of them and it locked up occasionally but holding the power button for a few seconds always seemed to do the trick.

In general I found it to not be particularly accurate position wise. I compared it against my TomTom & a couple of other devices and it seemed to constantly be out by up to 10m. Haven't used it in a few months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭jkforde

Thanks zing, I've sent the 909GR back and am getting the BN905GR model as a replacement, hopefully will have better luck with it. Has anyone used this model?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭darraghn

I have the BlueNEXT BN-906GR with a Nokia E51 and it works very well with Nokia Maps in the car or on foot. Make sure you charge it fully before use - I didn't and I had some trouble getting it to connect to the Nokia initially. But once done, it worked perfectly after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭jkforde

thanks darraghn for the charging tip. got the replacement 905 and it's working very well with MGMaps, accurate to 2m :)
    still not mad about the power switch on this unit though, feels weak and cheap, going to have to go easy with it!

and while i'm on, does anyone know of a handy route logger app for the E51 with a bluetooth GPS?

Advertisement