Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing south america

Options
  • 28-04-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

yo,

anyone have any good surf spots/stories from mexico down the coast to brazil

headin over in august for 9 months surfin and backpackin with a mate, can't wait.

peru looks pretty good anyone have any experience here?

Cheers

Richy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mb_

check out Iquique in north Chile, some good surf there, we stayed at a hostel about 5 mins walk from the beach. they had a surf school run from the hostel. will try to find the name of it. there were a few good spots in North Chile but that was the best.

other than that we got some good surf on Ilha Grande in Brazil, between Rio and Sao Paolo.

Very Jealous, you will love it over there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Bring Tamilflu!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Saturnalia

Dude. You are so lucky. I spent 6 weeks in Ecuador which has some really nice spots all along the coast. I would recommend going through Colombia (which is amazing by the way but surfing is difficult for various rwasons but a must visit. Seriously. Go.) then Ecuador and hit up Canoa, Mompiche, Montanita ( best town in the world) Salinas and various other places. When they are happening they are really happening. There are also tonnes of unknown spots. Just ask the locals. They are all cool as ****.

After that go to Peru. Start off in Mancora and head suth along the coast. I didnt make it because I had to return home due to family ilness. That was 8 weeks ago and I still have withdrawl symptoms. I am so jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 37 richy316

ya i was chatten to a few people who surfed peru. and they said mancora was a good place to start off at and just pay locals to drive you to the spots.
    hope this swine flu won't mess up the trip.

i'd say all along the coast down there must be tonnes of spots but I'll try remember those ones.

renting an island off hondurus in the bay working out for 6 people 15E a nite

any other tips while travelling down south america coast. or must do things?

did central america last year

Advertisement