Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best surf forecasting site

Options
  • 28-04-2009 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

hey,

what sites do you use for forecasting waves.
    I've been using a combination of magic seaweed,windguru and surfline(which you have to pay for now)

what do ye think of new marine swell website.

Fresh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭badolepuddytat

I've started using a new website called ask moby instead of magic seaweed I find it great for most activities, pretty accurate and intuitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 richy316

roc

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Baluka

I use windguru and surf-forecast.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rgalligan

Wind-guru, Magic Seaweed and the others can give an alright indication but I find it's best to check the websites for the local surf shops (Bundoran, Lahinch, Strandhill, etc.)

Most of them have a live web-cam or a daily surf report giving you first hand information. Most of the main surfing spots will have a decent surf shop nearby if you google them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

richy316 wrote: »
    what sites do you use for forecasting waves.

http://www.marine.ie/home/publicationsdata/data/buoys

Its straight from the data buoy and gives you enough info to build up an idea of what the waves will be like when you head out. It helps to review it for about 2-3 days before setting off so you have gathered a pattern as to whats happening.

K-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Try the weather report, Evelyn always does it for me. Magic Pissweed is exactly that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 richy316

eveyln is like the forecasting godess.

the surfshop cams is a great idea never thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Garry17

MagicSeaweed
    WindGuru
    WetSand
    FNMOC
    the Wave Buoys
    and learn to read the Synoptics if you can

Advertisement