Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe/unsafe tattoo artists?

Options
  • 28-04-2009 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys. I want to get a tattoo but a guy at work told me it's a very dangerous thing to do in Dublin. I was wondering if there was any 'unsafe' (in terms of hygiene) place to get a tattoo in Dublin. Is there any place that I should definately avoid getting a tattoo at? I want a very simple tribal-style tattoo and I am thinking of going to the connected ink. The guys there are very polite, but there is not much feedback in the board. Is it ok in terms of hygiene? Have u experienced/heard anything? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Typical. The guy at work is talking out of his HOOP!

There are very few 'untrustworthy' artists in Dublin, as long as you go to a professional studio. Use your own common sense and check the studio out before committing to anything and look at the artists' portfolios to make sure that their style of work suits what you want done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mg1978

Thanks. Any comments on the Connected Ink?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

People in most shops are polite. The best thing to do would be to go in and have a look around a few places before you decide where you wanna go. You can usually tell how clean a place is from the minute you walk in...(The smell will be the first indication.). Also check out a few portfolios and see if anybody has anything simlar to what you want, then take some time and talk to artist and find out if they have any input.

Then if after all that you still want to guage some reaction to your shop you will need to ask someone else cos I never heard of it.

Advertisement