Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SANDY BEACH CAMPING SITE HOLYHEAD BEWARE

Options
  • 28-04-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

HI.just back from touring wales for 10 days..and just have to share this with yous..my wife and i and 2 kids 7 and 2..spent 2 days in alton towers ..stayed in quarry park near alton...lovely site and very handy for alton towers..well we rang sandy beach and asked did they take in late arrivals and we were told no problem..told them it would be after 21.30 and we were on route ..thats great and here is the code for the barrier and just pick a site anywhere we were told..so we arrive at 22.00 and find the campsite..thank god for the sat nav..so we drive around looking for somewhere to park up...it was very dark and hard to make out the area..also i was afraid to drive on the grass...i didnt want big tyre tracks spoiling the grass..anyway we circled 3 times and could not find anywhere...so i spotted a electric point and parked beside it and plugged in...got the kids ready for bed ...then a quick walk around to check the area..watched a bit of tv and then bed..
    woke around 9 am ..put tv on for 2 year old and back to bed..around 9.20 i heard screech of brakes,door slaming,electric cable yanked out and very hard banging on the door...i got up and dressed quickly ..all the time this bloke is banging on the door yelling GET UP GET UP NOW... i opened door and was confronted by what i can only describe as an "out of control lunatic"..it went something like this..............................................WHY ARE U PLUGGED INTO A METER POINT....
    hold on a minute
    WHY ARE YOU PLUGGED INTO A METER POINT
    hold on stop shouting...........
    TELL ME WHY...WHY...WHY....
    please stop shouting your scaring the kids"kids crying at this stage"
    WHO TOLD YOU TO PLUG IN HERE?
    let me explain.....WHO TOLD YOU TO PLUG IN HERE.....stop shouting and let me explain....eventually he calmed down and listened to my story...how we had rang ..got permission to enter late and were told park anyway...he explain we were on a site that some guy had rented and we were using his electricity which was on a meter.....how was he gonna explain that his meter was gone up....well i explained that we have never come across these meters anywhere before..and it was very dark when we arrived and found it very hard to find a site ..we had 2 small kids who neaded to get to bed...and it was the only power point i came across...told him we would leave immediatly and would never be back...so we packed up as quick as we could and left....we went into reception and complained about being attacked....it was the blokes father who owned the site...he seemed embarressed at what his son had done...but wasnt too apoligetic...i told him we werent paying and he said thats ok....
    so even reading this back.. i am still shocked by what happened.....i cant believe this bloke got so angry over what ...2 or 3 pound for electricity...
    did anyone else have problems wiyh this guy or this campsite....please share......thanks darmurt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

Its good to know about this place. Not a nice experience you all had.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Wooooh......never had an experience like that.....and never want one either

I am a member of an English based Motorhome forum and some of the stories told on there about wardens on campsites in the UK echo what you have just posted. Now to be fair, not all wardens behave like this but I can see the Sky TV program now "When Wardens go bad....."

Take care

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Shocking behavior over a few units of electricity (or over anything for that matter). Mentally unstable doesn't begin to cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

It seems that some people in a certain nearby country are a little fixated on power issues like this. Unless you were driving one of those US yokes with slide out sides, running the air conditioning all night, and baking a cake in the oven then you could only have consumed a few pence of electricity. Nothing for him to get worried about.

He probably got grief from this guy before about someone else using his electricity but that's for the site owner to address, not for passing visitors to worry about.

We only stayed in a 'club' site in the UK once and I don't think the words rule-bound could really sum it up properly. I think it may have been run by Victor Meldrew.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I've been to campsites where the warden wore an armband with "warden" written on it ...says it all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

we went into reception and complained about being attacked....it was the blokes father who owned the site...he seemed embarressed at what his son had done...but wasnt too apoligetic...i told him we werent paying and he said thats ok....
    `

:eek: Tthe Da's obviously used to it...

ty for the heads up..

Advertisement