Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Litter?

Options
  • 28-04-2009 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

I was just walking to the shop's enjoying the grayish weather the truck driver pulls out of a garrage, big 40 foot artic, and just throws a full coffecup out of the window granted the coffee probably tasted crap as does most garrage coffee but hey,

does it bug you to see people just have a total lack of regard for the roads pathways as regards litter etc.. ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,717 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Just a skanger!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Yes, every time. It makes me want to do painful, uncivilised things to them. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Yeah it's pretty annoying, even more so when it's kids and the parents are walking along with them not giving a sh*t.

I tried it once got a slap on the back of the head and never did it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

No thank you, I just ate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Littering is one of my biggest pet hates. It's easier not to ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

What a wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Truck drivers are paid from the neck down anyway, doesn't surprise me. Litter does annoy me to answer your question. It's just amazing the lack of civic pride people take in the place they come from/live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

but you see the thing is how many people smoke ?

and throw cigs out the window or look at the truck drivers again they shred a tire and leave it on the side of the road....

What anoys me is we've got an amazing country an ecological play ground with some of the most breathtaking stunning scenery... yet people just happily litter and ruin the country side.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Jim Bibendum

Alas in Ireland there is virtually zero litter awarness or clamp down schemes to be seen. Tidy towns award and litter free designations are somewhat of a joke here. The island is doomed to be a litter ****ehole forever. Bring back the telly ads, smacking school kids and heavy fines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Snipers on the roof are always an option.

They tend to cut down on graffiti as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

Snipers on the roof are always an option.

They tend to cut down on graffiti as well.

Something to this effect? (Just for the offenders obviously)

Sickens me when I see it, especially when it's some knacker with a pitbull taking a big steamy one on the path and leaving it there! What's even worse is every time I see someone litter, that annoying fashiong parade song from the ad gets stuck in my head... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Very annoying. One day, leaving the office to get lunch, there was an empty crisp bag caught under the revolving door. Bear in mind, I'm not someone who's a company man or anything like that, but this is the first thing clients will see if they visit our offices and no one had bothered to pick it up and put it in the bin not five yards away. You'd swear it was degrading to do so or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

does it bug you to see people just have a total lack of regard for the roads pathways as regards litter etc.. ?

Yup.

Litter, pissing in public & spitting really get up my arse.

I was waiting for a mate on Harmony Row this morning (Dublin 2) and thinking 'This is a dodgy kip' when a guy comes walking up the road towards the office block I'm standing outside.

He opens a package, takes out some stuff and throws the paper bag away, and here's me watching out for hoodies and 'Mr.Suited Gentleman' switchs on my instant 'Your a fvcking scumbag' button.

Or you wanna see dirt bags, look at the mess the smokers from Hiberian/Avia (Hatch St) cause to the pavement outside their offices, and despite repeated emails to the company it continues daily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

It would be strange NOT to see any bubble gum on a footpath nowadays. Not enough is done to stop people from littering our towns and cities but I guess the guy that cleans it up wouldnt be in the job then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

It drives me nuts -- especially when there's a trash can within a minute's walk away.

Really? Is it that difficult to hold on to a plastic wrapper? Is it that hard to keep the cup in your vehicle until you get out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Cigarette butts are my pet hate. I don't smoke, its foul. The amount of times I've seen some scummy fucker throwing a butt out their car window.. Use your ashtray ffs. They are all over the street aswell. Dirty bástards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

I hate littering because it acts as a subconcious beacon to other scumbags that "here's a place to act like scum".

It's basically a lesser parallel to the "broken window theory".

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

I live in a South Dublin inner city area, where various Sinn Fein councillors / TDs regularly get elected on the promise that they will "get rid of the bin tax".

Unsurprisingly, some locals are the worst culprits for littering.

The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

If you behave like a piece of filth, that's how the world sees you. *solemn nod*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

I was just walking to the shop's enjoying the grayish weather the truck driver pulls out of a garrage, big 40 foot artic, and just throws a full coffecup out of the window granted the coffee probably tasted crap as does most garrage coffee but hey,

completely agree, no respect

• Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Some of the feckers don't like being told either. The mrs. was at some traffic lights and noticed some fat bitch in a car in front flicking a sweet wrapper out the window. When the old biddy heard the angry hoot from behind, she was so pissed off that she started emptying the rubbish from inside her car onto the road, even as she was driving away from the lights. Fecking animal!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

someone in a car last night dumped a bag of dirty nappies against my hedge. I thought it was a disgusting thing to do, but being me, went through the bag and lo and behold, found the name of the offending lady, as wel las her address on a Littlewoods catalog order form!!!

Reported to Gardai, but not much assistance there.

Reported to Council today who will be calling outto her tomorrow with an on the spot littering fine.

The onus in the event of a prosecution is for her to prove that the nappies are not hers, rather than for Council to prove that they are.

If you are the woman and you are reading this, I hope .......................

Advertisement