Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spool sub/spoolsv.exe

Options
  • 28-04-2009 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Major problems this morning with my laptop running XP. When i started it up this morning im getting this these errors:

windows has closed this program SPOOLER SUBSYSTEM APP

and

spoolsv.exe "The instruction at 0x10004220 referenced memory at 0x10004220. The memory could not be written

and then This copy of windows is not genuine.

The copy of windows is genuine as its a dell copy that came with my dell laptop.

If i close these boxes the computer will not do anything after they close.

If i leave them open i can do stuff (Outlook wont open though).

If i try to activate windows nothing happens.

I dont want to reformat as ive a lot of emails etc on here. (I may be able to back emails up?)

Ive just discovered now my usb ports dont reconise a device eg hard drive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

snaps wrote: »
    windows has closed this program SPOOLER SUBSYSTEM APP

and

spoolsv.exe "The instruction at 0x10004220 referenced memory at 0x10004220. The memory could not be written

I've seen exactly this on a client's machine and as yet haven't found a fix. I suspect virus. I've tried lots of spool fixes and cleaning tools but have come up with nothing.

It is the exact same memory addresses that I'm seeing it on too. If anyone can assist it would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Ok, spent hours at the machine yesterday following instructions i got from google. As soon as i fixed one thing another appeared.

What i done was when in safe mode was reset the resistry to a week back. So far all is well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Do you know of anything you did / installed over the course of that week that could have caused this?

Advertisement