Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Campervan for Rent

Options
  • 28-04-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Im trying to rent a campervan for the weekend of the 4-th to 8th of September but they all seem to be booked up due to <an event that shall not be named http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055074329>
    Can anyone direct me to a small renter or possible have a motorhome for rent that weekend? Please PM if so and I will call you.

I am 25 years old and i've had a clean driving license since I passed my test at 17. I would be willing to rent at the going rate (depending on size) and could place a deposit to secure.

Thanks for any assitence!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Hartyk87

Hi just saw your thread there about wanting to rent a camper.

just wondering have you had any luck and ifs o how did ou get on??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Not very well! Got two helpful responses from Boardsies with numbers to try, but no joy.

I've been ringing everywhere, but im sick of getting smart arsed answers to questions;

"Do you have a cancellations list?"

"Harumph, If i had a list, you'd been the 500th name on it"

ARGH :mad: Just say "No" You d1ck!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You won't have any luck with a private hire either, as insurance for that is prohibitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Just use a van.

Been to loads of festivals with the van, threw the mattress off the bed in the back, gas stove for a cuppa in the mornin, porta toilet, which I've hardly ever used as i get there early and park near a hedge.

Did this the last couple of years at the event you might or might not be mentioning, got there about 11.00, no traffic, told the car park lads I'd like to park near the hedge away from the main thoroughfares and we were well sorted, quieter than the campervan park too. (mates stayed there). Big transit/sprinter about €150-200 for the weekend, just make sure its a rear wheel drive in case it rains.

Advertisement