Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Log book help........again

Options
  • 28-04-2009 3:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey lads,

dont suppose anyone can help me out??
    i know theres been loads of 'missing logbook' incidents but this one is slightly different.

basicaly i traded my car last week with a fella, but he was having problems finding the logbook for his car, so i got him o fill the oe for my cr in and i tod him id hold it until i recieved word from him he had found his.i lost my phone a few days ago and basically lost any contact number i had for him.

sooooooo, is there any way possible for me to retrieve a logbook myself from the tax office, and let them know i now own the vehicle, or am i screwed altogether because i dont know if he has sent his one away or even found it in the first place????

aggghhh help please............

has anything like this happened to anyone before and whats the process in getting a new logbook in my name??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Medlar wrote: »
    Hey lads,

dont suppose anyone can help me out??
    i know theres been loads of 'missing logbook' incidents but this one is slightly different.

basicaly i traded my car last week with a fella, but he was having problems finding the logbook for his car, so i got him o fill the oe for my cr in and i tod him id hold it until i recieved word from him he had found his.i lost my phone a few days ago and basically lost any contact number i had for him.

sooooooo, is there any way possible for me to retrieve a logbook myself from the tax office, and let them know i now own the vehicle, or am i screwed altogether because i dont know if he has sent his one away or even found it in the first place????

aggghhh help please............

has anything like this happened to anyone before and whats the process in getting a new logbook in my name??

no offence, hope you did a car check on the reg and vin to make sure it isn't a stolen car...
    you can't get the log book.... only the registered owner can.... which is not you...
    can you not go around to the guys palce you bought the car off and get him to order a new logbook...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Ring the Council and ask them how to proceed. Free bump from bottom of page 4 for you anyway.... :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Medlar

cheers lads, thing is its totally modified, and i cant even apply for nct without the logbook.and with this new law coming in on he first, having no nct is not gonna be nice when you meet a copper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

If you ring the vehicle office in Shannon , there is a form they can send you which allows you to transfer it into your own name without the VLC .

Advertisement