Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lionhead Dwarf Rabbit

Options
  • 27-04-2009 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi,

Im looking to buy a baby female lionhead dwarf rabbit. I am not sure where i can get one, any suggestions? I dont mind travelling, i live in south county dublin.

Thank you
    CK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭dellytots

Im not sure where you can get them but my advice is not Wackers in town. We were sold one that ended up hudge!!! We loved him anysways but it ment upgrading him cage a few months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

You'd be better off trying to find a genuine breeder, have you tried donedeal.ie I'm not into promoting that site but when it comes to smallies because it's so hard to find a good breeder they have to advertise.

Also they do come in to rescue now and then, but you might have to wait a while you could put your name down with a few rescues so that when some do come in you would be first in line.

Regular rabbits are easy to find in rescue some are pretty small as well.
    Even dwarves need as much space as a regular sized rabbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

I think the pet shop in on patricks st in dun laoghaire does them, try the DSPCA also they get alot of rabbits in and you might get lucky

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

My local shop does have them in from time to time. Why not give them a ring:

Pets Direct Ireland
    Townspark Industrial Estate Longford Co. Longford

* (043)3336525

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Keep in mind rabbits should be kept in pairs and if you get two you'll have to get them spayed/neutered at 5/6 months of age by an experienced exotics vet (they also require vaccinations against Myxomatosis and VHD) as many shops can't sex the buns properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Progger

Pet world in galway always have lionheads in stock. Very Popular. I'd give them a ring before you make the drive just to make sure they have em. I think its thursdays a lot of the animals come in.

Advertisement