Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christ Faith Tabernacle

Options
  • 27-04-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

I got a leaflet in the door the other day advertising a local church. It is based out in Rosemount, Dublin 15.

Turns out they can cure epilepsy. From their website here.
    Epilepsy - UK

'Pastor, for the first time in 30 years I cut my toenails, and washed dishes for my Mum. Laura, who suffered epilepsy and paralysis in her right arm for thirty years was instantly healed by the power of God at one of our Sunday meetings.

The leaflet also has a testimonial about a woman whose infertility was cured. I'd complain that this might be preying on the needy but then i read this
    Pregnancy - Nigeria

Mrs Felicia I. was pregnant for sixteen months. The reason for the extended
    pregnancy was the interference of a witch who claimed to be able to remove the foetus at will. A doctor monitored the pregnancy until the eighth month when the child disappeared from her womb. She was brought to a Night Vigil meeting and after prayer and prophecy, gave birth to a baby boy two weeks later.

They accept donations if any of you feel compelled to cough up cash. Anyone been having especially bad witch problems lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

how does eight months and two weeks equal sixteen months????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

tba wrote: »
    how does eight months and two weeks equal sixteen months????

... she was pregnant for eight months... then the baby disappeared, then 7.5 months later she when to a prayer meeting and 0.5 months later the baby came to term and was born...

Interestingly this is also almost enough time for her to have had a miscarriage and conceived again and then had a baby...
    In fact if the baby "went missing" at 7 months it would be exactly enough time for this to happen in... Or it could just be a total fabrication...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

pretty sure if they claim to cure anything by unsubstantiated means they can be prosecuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Hivemind187
    pretty sure if they claim to cure anything by unsubstantiated means they can be prosecuted.

They seem to be saying that they were cured not that you will be cured. Lourdes has people getting cured of all sorts of things. Only those things that might get better on their own not amputations or anything. Still I don't know if these claims are far enough away from "Padre Pio cured my bald patch" to be illegal.

More scary is that this church believes in witches and voodoo. That stuff only ends one place.

Advertisement