Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to speak with a "British Dialect"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

She's clearly never met anyone from Liverpool. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Sounds like really old-school received pronunciation to me.
    No one says coffee like that anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

British? She means English. I don't even know if she's trying to be Brummie or East end or the Queen. Her dropped R video is sooo bad.

Garije? Garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Sure sometimes british/english actors have to taking lessons in speaking with an english accent before they play their part in american shows or films.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    British? She means English. I don't even know if she's trying to be Brummie or East end or the Queen. Her dropped R video is sooo bad.

Garije? Garage.

Americans don't seem to know the difference between British and English. They also don't know that there are hundreds of British accents. She seems to be doing an amalgam of tons of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement