Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degus in shelters

Options
  • 27-04-2009 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any shelters or rescues that take degus? I'd feel a bit guilty buying a 'fresh pair', so to speak, if there were any unwanted ones out there looking for homes. Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

where are you based the DSPCA take in rabbits and guinea pigs so you never know, it may be worth ringing them if your near

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

They do come in to rescue now and then or owners try to home them themselves you can also put up a notice on petsireland and irishanimals.ie on the homes offered section.
    They're lovely little critters fingers crossed you find some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

thanks to both of you:) I've registered with the websites, guineapigrescue, and I'll give the shelters a ring in the morning kazza:) hope it works! I've been looking forward to getting my degus for months!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Eeeeee I have a Gu!! If you need any advice or anything when you get the little fellas just let me know!!

Biggest/best piece of advice I can give you: get TWO TOGETHER. Trust me on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Progger

Oh man I absolutely love Degus and will be getting myself 2 maybe 3 in the coming weeks. I cant wait. There was this one over in my local pet store who followed myself and my significant other around his pen. He was where the rabbits usually are. Friendliest guy I've come across. The pet shop diddn't want to sell him. If you have any luck finding any degus up for adoption or in rescue centres please let us know the details. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tomtom01

Does anyone know of any shelters or rescues that take degus? I'd feel a bit guilty buying a 'fresh pair', so to speak, if there were any unwanted ones out there looking for homes. Thanks in advance:)

The Dublin SPCA have a pair of Degus looking for a new home. Give them a call on Tuesday morning. 01 4935502

Advertisement