Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to change poker Client

Options
  • 27-04-2009 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All
    Looking for a bit of help, i want to change to a new poker client. Currently playing on Full tilt and would like to change to something new.
    Im strictly a social player , im looking for low stakes cash tables and mtts ranging from $5 to $30 nl. Rakeback is a must .

Any suggestions will greatly appreciated

Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

iPoker would be your best bet, good deals and loads of choice for small stakes games. PM some of the people adveritisng in their signatures and you'll find some great deals on ipoker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I'd suggest ANYTHING but iPoker, it's horrible. Ok, not horrible, it's ok for casual play but nobody could seriously say it's great for poker. Lots of bad donks who hit the miracle cards every other game, not good for the nerves.

The only good thing about iPoker is one's as bad as the next :P [Paddy power's, Boyle's, VCpoker, Betmost, CDpoker etc ... etc ... etc ...]

I'd suggest Ladbrokes, Pacific poker, Pokerstars or even Virgin poker ffs, over ipoker ... lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

I actually much prefer the layout of ipoker to FTP. Much easier on the eye, gives the % chance of winning the hand, gives your hand (which is handy when multi-tabling)...things you don't get on FTP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Lots of bad donks

Nothing worse imo, I'll be sure to avoid that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

There are tons of other networks other than ipoker network,

Cake, Boss, Cereus, everleaf gaming, merge network, entraction, yatehay, betfair, pkr network.

Full rakeback list here http://rakeback.irishpokerrankings.com/

The site i would recommend is PokerStars but alas no rakeback. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

for a casual player ipoker is fine, especially if you're just 1-tabling

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Nothing worse imo, I'll be sure to avoid that

'BAD' donks, as in the kind that hit constantly. So keep thinking it's a good thing that iPoker is full of them all you like, your money ...
    I actually much prefer the layout of ipoker to FTP. Much easier on the eye, gives the % chance of winning the hand,

I don't know why anyone likes iPoker layout, but each to their own I guess. The fact you can't re-size tables manually, you can't stop the game window popping up on your turn [especially annoying if you are playing another site simultaneously] is annoying enough - and it insists on popping up 3 messages in a row ...3!!! just to tell you what you already know, that you've been moved table ... or your game has started. No ****! I wondered what that big square with crap avatars was that suddenly popped up after I paid my entry!! And now they've added even more, but within your game window, more messages, lots of them, every f'ing game!! Argh!!!

The percentages thing is useless really, it only appears in all ins, and unless you're pretty slow you'll have a fair idea who's ahead any given all in hand. They've removed chat during all ins .... why??? Does it really matter a feck what anyone says during all in situations? It's really annoying when you're commenting or discussing a previous hand with someone, or even just about to say "nh" regarding a previous one, then someone all ins on the next so you have to wait till after that and explain you're "nh" was for the one before the donkey all in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

big_iain wrote: »
    There are tons of other networks other than ipoker network,

Cake, Boss, Cereus, everleaf gaming, merge network, entraction, yatehay, betfair, pkr network.

Full rakeback list here http://rakeback.irishpokerrankings.com/

The site i would recommend is PokerStars but alas no rakeback. :mad:

yeah but do they have fixed size tables, quarter pot button, % to win the hand, a blackjack button on the side and an expand table button you can use when your all in and multitabling miniview

ipoker FTW

Lots of sites have those options. I'd love someone to tell me why they think % chance of winning during an all in is a great option? And if it's so great, why did it take them all these years before adding it? It's a **** option, like most things about the software.

I deposited against my better instincts again today into iPoker [even the name is cringey] and as usual, I'm sorry I did. I know online poker isn't rigged, but the dodgiest 'random' card generator has to be in use on ipoker, it's disgraceful the beats and suck outs and miracle cards.

I'm starting to believe that anyone who wins on there regular is a massive donktard and can't play properly. That or they're just mad lucky. EVERY hand I'm ahead on in almost EVERY game on there gets pissed on.

yeah, FTW must mean 'Faulty thieving w@nkers'?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Mullicker

I have played on 4 networks/sites and Full Tilt is by far my favourite. Why do you want to move from Full Tilt, curious?

Full Tilt: By far my favourite site, software can be easily modded to suit yourself, decent rakeback, excellent promotions. Excellent traffic and game choice.

Poker Stars: I haven't played much on stars yet. Excellent choice for tourney players in particular. $10 200k tournament every sunday. Really nice software.

iPoker: Plenty of traffic for ring games and sngs. Excellent tourny choice. Bonus's not as generous as other sites, software is improving but resizeable tables would be nice. And some problems with deposits and withdrawals on VC Poker, i played mostly on Titan who are generous with bonus offers.

Cake Poker: I am currently clearing a bonus there, the players are pretty fishy but the traffic is poor and the tournament choice is poor for our timezone particularly. The rakeback and promotions are very generous at cake. The worst thing about cake is the software, i cant stand it, tables reload every so often and you lose the chance to go back over HH's. Really tilting software. Speedy withdrawals and deposits.

Forgot my first site was Party Poker, they have completely overhauled their software. They charge way more rake than other sites particularly in tournament fees. They have improved their reward system, and try entice you back every once in a while by putting $10 in or so in your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The Playtech guys in Israel are way too busy counting all the money they've made from taking every one of their players to the cleaners to even think about improving their software. Coding and improving the client is just punishment for any poor soul being late into work to count the money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Hot Shot Hamish

poker stars for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

if it's social poker your after and a bit of fun why not try PKR?

Thats were I play and there are plenty of donks there plus most or quite chatty and friendly too

Advertisement