Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BREAKING NEWS (MAN FLU PANDEMIC) affecting women

Options
  • 27-04-2009 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

A woman from Stroud has caught Man Flu, prompting fears that women may have become susceptible to a new strain of the disease for the first time. Thirty-five-year-old Andrea Jennings complained of a sore throat and feeling ‘a bit bunged up’ and then instead of just struggling on regardless announced she was going to take the day off work and endlessly complain about how ill she was to her partner. It was at this point that government scientists confirmed Andrea was suffering from Man Flu.
    ‘I’ve had colds before and in many ways this very feels similar,’ said Andrea. ‘But since I realised it was Man Flu I’ve struggled to do anything more strenuous than lying the sofa watching Match of the Day DVDs and reruns of Top Gear on Dave. It’s been awful.’ Concerned that she might actually be dying caused Andrea to visit to the doctor who gave her a patronizing chuckle and informed her that she just has a bit of a virus and advised her to take paracetamol and drink plenty of fluids. Scientists say that a rare mutation has caused the Man Flu virus to spread to women for the first time, although there have already been instances of Man Flu being passed to birds. In the Far East, millions of chickens were destroyed when farmers noticed them lying in bed all day, showing signs of headaches, dry mouths and other symptoms quite similar to those of a hang-over.
    Although police have cordoned off the area around Stroud, experts say there are now real fears that a Man Flu pandemic infecting millions of women may follow. Andrea is currently being cared for by her husband, Roland, and is thought to have originally caught Man Flu from him. ‘Andrea’s symptoms are quite similar to what I had a few weeks ago, although when I had it, it was much worse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stroud is called Dublin now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Milkey Bar Kid

Yeah its north east Co Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Holy shit!

When did the Milkey Bar Kid get back out?

got out early . well behaved

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I never respond to a thread with an obvious spelling error in title.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

there is a difference between affect and effect

• Registered Users Posts: 45,299 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

womanbearpig flu

I never respond to a thread with an obvious spelling error in title.
    but you did respond

also :

I never respond to a thread with an obvious spelling error in the title

or

I never respond to a thread with an obvious spelling error in a title

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Wait, there's an actual disease called Man Flu? I thought it was just a joke on AH in that 'Support' thread...:confused:

I spend way too much time on boards...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

But you did respond.

Also :

I never respond to a thread with an obvious spelling error in the title.

Or

I never respond to a thread with an obvious spelling error in a title.

You should always start your sentences with a capital letter and punctuate correctly. Also, your second option is itself grammatically incorrect. Surely a thread only has one title, therefore only the first option can be correctly used.

Advertisement