Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing a Tax Back Cheque

Options
  • 27-04-2009 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if these can be cashed anywhere ? Or do you have to lodge them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I think you may have to lodge it. I didn't try anywhere else with mine. Just into the bank and lodged as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Tusky wrote: »
    Anyone know if these can be cashed anywhere ? Or do you have to lodge them ?

If it's crossed " Account payee only " then it has to be lodged to your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't know whether many places, other than a bank (where ID would be required) cash third party cheques any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Dudess wrote: »
    I don't know whether many places, other than a bank (where ID would be required) cash third party cheques any more.

I knew a pub in the 80's that would accept the Social Welfare butter tokens, crossed cheques, stolen goods etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

i would cash that as fast as possible that shower havent a pot to piss in

• Advertisement

My local pub and some of the local shops will cash third party cheques if they know you.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

+1

AFAIK you can't lodge a cheque into your account anymore unless it's made out to you, so I highly doubt you'll get anyone willing to cash it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,866 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The OP's name is Carl Ash. so the check will be made out to C.Ash and anywhere will change that for him.

Advertisement