Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Murphy at Kavanaghs postponed by almost a month

Options
  • 27-04-2009 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

I’m a wee bit annoyed about this,

The Barry Murphy gig in Portloaise’s “Kavanaghs Comedy club” has been delayed.
    Originally there was supposed to be a “May day comedy festival”, which turned out to be one guy.. Barry Muphy, the distinctly unfunny David Kitt and Director playing the days thereafter.
    Now, however, Barry Murphy is not playing til May 28th, meaning I cannot go.
    I had made plans to get some Mates up to do ‘Portlaoise at night’ (for the first time), and that’s now off.
    And really, as May 28th is a Thursday, I don’t think anyone will be able to hit that.

Grrr!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 KavanaghsPub

Hi Sonic ExYouth,

Sincere Apologies regarding the Barry Murphy gig.

We had booked Barry back in Jan / Feb for this gig and another one in Tullamore on Thursday 30th April. Unfortunately due to family commitments Barry had to reschedule Friday nights show to Thurs May 28th. In 9 years this is the first time a gig at Kavanaghs Comedy Club had to be rescheduled.

We have tried to find a suitable replacement for the show, but due to the late notice have been unable to do so

The 'MayDay MayDay Fest' is primarily a music festival; the comedy was added as the first Friday of Every Month has always been a Comedy Night. As part of the fest, Mick Flannery plays on Thurs Night- Sold Out, Fri night -Idle (apologies again), David Kitt & The Mighty Steff Sat 2nd and Director and The Distractors on Sun 3rd.

Anyone with tickets for Fridays show are entitled to a full refund or their tickets can be used for the 28th, or if it suits they can be used in Hugh Lynch's Comedy Club in Tullamore this Thurday Night. And, as Günter may say, we will look after you with a few complimentary 'scoops' for the inconvience caused.

Apologies once more, I can confirm that Barry will most certainly be here on Thursday 28th May for the Pre-Cat Laughs Gig and will also be performing in Portlaoise during the Carlsberg Halloween Howls Comedy Fest on the October Bank Holiday Weekend.

Regards,
    PJ

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Hi Sonic ExYouth,

We had booked Barry back in Jan / Feb for this gig and another one in Tullamore on Thursday 30th April. Unfortunately due to family commitments Barry had to reschedule Friday nights show to Thurs May 28th. In 9 years this is the first time a gig at Kavanaghs Comedy Club had to be rescheduled.

We have tried to find a suitable replacement for the show, but due to the late notice have been unable to do so

The 'MayDay MayDay Fest' is primarily a music festival; the comedy was added as the first Friday of Every Month has always been a Comedy Night. As part of the fest, Mick Flannery plays on Thurs Night- Sold Out, Fri night -Idle (apologies again), David Kitt & The Mighty Steff Sat 2nd and Director and The Distractors on Sun 3rd.

Anyone with tickets for Fridays show are entitled to a full refund or their tickets can be used for the 28th, or if it suits they can be used in Hugh Lynch's Comedy Club in Tullamore this Thurday Night. And, as Günter may say, we will look after you with a few complimentary 'scoops' for the inconvience caused.

Apologies once more, I can confirm that Barry will most certainly be here on Thursday 28th May for the Pre-Cat Laughs Gig and will also be performing in Portlaoise during the Carlsberg Halloween Howls Comedy Fest on the October Bank Holiday Weekend.

Regards,
    PJ

Thats more than fair enough.. got some things wrong it seems, so thanks for clearing that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

I was at Barry murphy the other night. Completely useless. he started the gig by saying he was at it twenty years and just didnt care any more. He put in no effort at all and i would not recommend anyone go see him.
    That said the rest of the gig was brilliant. Fred cook was very good and Aidan Bishop was hilarious. It was my first time in kavanaghs since it was renovated and it is an excellent spot for intimate comedy gigs. I will definitely be going along to any comedy there in the future.
    Five stars for Kavanaghs, Aidan Bishop and Fred Cook.
    No stars for Barry Murphy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Hi Sonic ExYouth,

Regards,
    PJ

Can i just say that i did a gig there on sat night and the bar upstairs and one of the nicest venues i've worked in for years.

Lovley decor and lovley sound and lighting set up. Its a credit to you and a top venue for comedy, music or a private party.....:cool:

Advertisement