Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another ipoker bug - blind sizes incorrectly displayed

Options
  • 27-04-2009 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭

Anybody else get this one, where the big blind amount is incorrectly displayed as twice the amount. It's really f'in annoying especially when you are playing a few tournies and you might not be fully aware of what the actual blinds are - it's caused me to make a few betting errors :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Yep, noticed it yesterday in HU. ipoker is totally sucking these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

This has been there for at least 6 weeks. Happens in both blind positions and sometimes when someone is posting. Has caused me to mis-click more than a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Ive noticed when I rebuy the blind comes up twice what it should be.

Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

NickyOD wrote: »
    This has been there for at least 6 weeks. Happens in both blind positions and sometimes when someone is posting. Has caused me to mis-click more than a few times.

Yeah it's been happening to me for about 6 weeks too i'd say. Was pretty sure it happened in both blind positions also but the last few times i saw it it's happened in the big blind so just mentioned the big blind in case I wasn't remembering right.

It's cost me badly a few times tbh.

I'm getting another strange error with ipoker - if a table is positioned at a certain point - i.e. horizontal position - middle, vertical - bottom. I can't click on the table buttons. I have to move the table before I can click on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Yeah been getting this for a good while, very annoying if your multi tabling STT's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Ive noticed when I rebuy the blind comes up twice what it should be.

Annoying.

Spot on, thats exactly where and when the bug occurs, it was reported to iPoker weeks ago with full instructions on how to reproduce it and its still there.
    There will probably be a fix sometime after they deal with resizable tables.

iPoker have such contempt for their customers its not even funny any more. This bug is costing their customers money FFS!
    Its not like people don't have lots of choice, but the fact is that punters will put up with third rate buggy software.
    If you want them to deal with it you need enough people to call them and say I am not using your software any more until you fix this issue, call me when you fix it and I'll look using your crap product again then.

max_power wrote: »
    Yeah been getting this for a good while, very annoying if your multi tabling STT's.

**** yeah this would seriously **** you up if playing multiple tourney tables.

Anyone like to take a guess how long it would take this bug to be fixed on Pokerstars? Not that would ever happen in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

It doesnt cost anything its only displayed incorrectly, Although i've seen the small blind pushin 100bb into the big blind to try and get the 1bb back! But if u fold you only lose 1bb

pgodkin wrote: »
    It doesnt cost anything its only displayed incorrectly, Although i've seen the small blind pushin 100bb into the big blind to try and get the 1bb back! But if u fold you only lose 1bb

yeah but in STTs/Tourneys the blinds being displayed incorrecty displayed alters your decision greatly.

pgodkin wrote: »

We know that. But the point is it does cost, if you are on a steal for example and say you think you are raising the pot but instead you raise twice the amount - say at that point you get re-raised - you might have already pot committed yourself - whereas if you had done your normal raise you could fold. etc etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

CHD wrote: »
    iPoker must die...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 VoodooDonkey

This also happens on STT's when
    the SB/BB has just returned from being disconnected or timing out.
    Software automatically displays their put-in as double the relevent blind.

I've also seen players marked as sitting-out entering pots!

Paddy Power assured me weeks ago they were aware of the problem.
    I rest assured that the customers best interests are foremost in their minds and that this issue is being addressed as a matter of urgency. :D

Paddy Power assured me weeks ago they were aware of the problem.

Doesn't matter whether they are or not really, since it's IPoker programmers who are the ones that do the fixing, nought to do with PP from my understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Yea, this is pretty annoying and confusing. Definately needs to be sorted asap.

luckylucky wrote: »
    Doesn't matter whether they are or not really, since it's IPoker programmers who are the ones that do the fixing, nought to do with PP from my understanding.

Doesn't matter to me whether the problem is attributable to
    iPoker software engineers or Elves in the Patagonian magic forest.

I'm a customer of Paddy Power,
    they benefit most from the rake/registration charges that I pay.

If there's a problem with a 3rd party they bring into the arrangement
    then as far as I'm concerned it's up to Paddy Power to either
    demand that the service is improved or else make different arrangements.

iPoker software engineers or Elves in the Patagonian magic forest.

Is there a difference :P

luckylucky wrote: »
    Is there a difference :P

Elves = Cute.
    iPoker = Israeli.

nb: No racial/religious slurs are intended in above post.
    However the residents of Gaza might have a view on Israeli attitudes to customers/neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

I have noticed the same in 6max cash games.. bb is displayed as double.. I thought it was just me for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭pkaces

pheeeffffffffff its not just me.... I though I was going mad!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Just off topic a little but its basically the same thing.
    On the 16/4/09 i contacted live support on BLSQ about being dissconnected from a cash table in the middle of a hand with the 2nd nuts on the turn and most of the money in the pot . When the table reopened for me there was another guy in my seat and the pot had gone to my apponent. They said it was my connection that dipped yet i had 2 other screens open and unaffected by this socalled dip. I insisted that they investigated this and they said that i would have a reply within 24 hrs. Its now 27/4/09 and i still hadn't got any reply from blsq or ipoker . Again today i contacted live support to find out the outcome of the investigation and they said they had no record of a complaint or an investigation. I sent them transcripts of the conservation which i had with them on the night in question and then they said that they had gotten a reply by email from ipoker that said it was an error on my end . I then asked him to forward on the email to me and I was told that he cant do that as i would have to contact his poker manager for that. I then asked him when and where can i do this to which he replied that he didnt know when his poker manager would be available . His parting words were That he would contact his poker manager and get back to me within a reasonable time limit.
    What a bunch of retarded gangsters and thieves. I wont hold my breath but i wont let it go either. In the words of CHD (IPOKER MUST DIE)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

DAMO72 wrote: »
    On the 16/4/09 i contacted live support on BLSQ about being dissconnected from a cash table in the middle of a hand with the 2nd nuts on the turn and most of the money in the pot . When the table reopened for me there was another guy in my seat and the pot had gone to my apponent. They said it was my connection that dipped yet i had 2 other screens open and unaffected by this socalled dip. I insisted that they investigated this and they said that i would have a reply within 24 hrs. Its now 27/4/09 and i still hadn't got any reply from blsq or ipoker . Again today i contacted live support to find out the outcome of the investigation and they said they had no record of a complaint or an investigation. I sent them transcripts of the conservation which i had with them on the night in question and then they said that they had gotten a reply by email from ipoker that said it was an error on my end . I then asked him to forward on the email to me and I was told that he cant do that as i would have to contact his poker manager for that. I then asked him when and where can i do this to which he replied that he didnt know when his poker manager would be available . His parting words were That he would contact his poker manager and get back to me within a reasonable time limit.
    What a bunch of retarded gangsters and thieves. I wont hold my breath but i wont let it go either. In the words of CHD (IPOKER MUST DIE)

PM Sent!

DAMO72 wrote: »

vert unusual... I poker saying it's your fault....

never heard them say that before :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

CHD wrote: »
    :)

ya seemed to overslept on that 1 so thought i'd help ya out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Macspower wrote: »
    I have noticed the same in 6max cash games.. bb is displayed as double.. I thought it was just me for some reason

Yeah, if the bb tops up just before the hand the blinds are displayed as double, can be a little confusing until you get used to spotting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 samuelj

Also if your ISP is NTL your stats wont update and the ipoker software crashes. I have contacted them several times about this but its my fault apparently for having a poor broadband connection and for being evil and not plugging directly into the router instead of using the wireless connection.

I have a 20mb line and the net works perfectly and have no hassle on stars. Anytime stats dont update I test my connection and its all good, my fault though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

This the the correspondence i have recieved so far from blsq on my request for an investigation into a disconnection in the middle of a hand .

(This may seem insignifigant to some of you as it is only a 10/20cent table but if it was a 10/20dollar table the outcome would be the same)

Customer support alleged request to Ipoker/Playtech:
    To: "damiankent72@yahoo.ie" damiankent72@yahoo.ie
    Sent: Tuesday, 28 April, 2009 16:18:13
    Subject: FW: disconnection

Hi Damian,
    Please find below the correspondence between our customer services and iPoker.
    Kind regards,
    David Abrams
    Poker Product Coordinator
    Blue Square Poker

Leon Kidney wrote:

Regarding username xxxxxxxx
    Claims he was disconnected during the african lily -plo 10/20 cent

Can you assist with regards to the fault??
    Regards,

Leon

(Alleged Reply from Ipoker)
    Sent:17 April 2009 15:51
    To: Leon Kidney
    Cc: pokerhosts
    Subject: Re: disconnection

Dear Support,We have checked the below with Playtech's Technical Team. They confirm that the player was disconnected as a result of a problem on the player's side, and not a server malfunction. There is no refund recommended in this case.
    Best regards,
    Wayne.

My reply:
    David this is only showing a typed up transcript of what may or may not have happened between BLSQ and ipoker. Nowhere on this does it show that it came from ipoker or even if there was an investigation carried out . Now if you still want me to believe that there was correspondance between Blsq and ipoker i suggest you furnish me with the actual reply that you claim was sent from ipoker . Failing this i will post all of the correspondence between myself and your live support and your lame attempt at a forged document on every internet forum including Boards.ie , 2+2 , APAT etc. etc.The Way Blsq is handling this situation is totally unacceptable and it's totally disgusting to think that you would consider a $4 deposit to my acc would make me forget about the whole thing. Money has absolutely nothing to do with it , It has now become a matter of principal.

Your dissapointedly.. Damian Kent

From BLSQ.
    To: "DAMIANKENT72@YAHOO.IE" DAMIANKENT72@YAHOO.IE
    Sent: Wednesday, 29 April, 2009 11:52:36
    Subject: RE: disconnection

Hi Damian,
    Unfortunately there is no other documentation that we are able to provide you. In the case of technical issues with the poker client, we rely on iPoker to investigate in conjunction with the Playtech technical team to determine the cause of the problems. As you can see from their response, the conclusion was that it was not a network issue and so no refund was recommended.
    However as you are a loyal customer, our Customer Services team did still credit your account with a goodwill gesture despite their recommendation.
    Regards,
    Jamie Reeve
    Poker Operations Manager
    Rank Interactive

My reply:

Hi Jamie , Im not gonna drag this out any further with BLSQ as i really think that you guy's dont care give a toss about your customer's .
    If ipoker or playtech can just turn around and always say that it is dissconnection fault on the users side without having to give any proof , and you guy's
    are just gonna accept it then there is a serious flaw in the security system that could lead to all your customers being ripped off at some stage without ever having to show any proof . I thank you for your gesture of goodwill but i would like to decline at this point, please remove your gesture from my acc.
    Thank you for your expected reply.
    Regards..Damian Kent.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Ipoker tilts the **** outta me!

Latest bug I see is with the buddy lists...

click on buddys and it shows the list of buddys. pick one and instead of asking me to join waiting list it only gives the option of remove from waiting list which I am not on.. I have to openbt he table and join the list automatically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Tight Ted wrote: »
    Ipoker tilts the **** outta me!

Same. I look forward to playing, then sit into a few mtts and suddenly remember why I detest it so much. I keep giving it chances to impress me, the customer, who is always right, but it fails miserably every time. And it's true, the customer 'support' leaves a lot to be desired at the best of times.

Luckily there's forums so players who lose good money on there through bugs/disconnections/amazing miracle card gifts to it's favourite donk members etc ... can share the moanage :cool: and feel like they're getting their own back.

Advertisement