Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuelsaver...The best thing since sliced bread????

Options
  • 26-04-2009 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭

Hi folks did anybody out there get and fit the fuelsaver device as in the link below: -

http://magicfuelsaver.com/

Seems very good to be true and maybe its the cynic in me but after all my years on the go something tells me if it seems too good to be true it is too good to be true. Anyone who has gotten one? Best thing since sliced bread or about as much use as an inflatable dart board?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Super Power Magnetic Fuel Saver - just has to be good :D And that it comes from China just adds credibility.

Reviews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

can anyone explain in lay mans term without the sales mans pre recording, what it consists of, i have looked at the link and all it told me was how my fuel bill was 2200 p/a and this would save me 600 p/a ,

is it some kind of slow down filter that slows down the amount of fuel entering the carb, or injector,

or what the hell is it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Johnboy Mac

Just give me your money and be happy knowing it's been better spent! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

SnakeOilGirl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Its the placebo effect, you will only think your getting better performance mpg ect ect

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

Just think, if saving fuel was this easy, surely some of the car manufacturers (who spend millions on research) would be using this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Lucifer wrote: »
    Just think, if saving fuel was this easy, surely some of the car manufacturers (who spend millions on research) would be using this already.

Thats what I was thinking to myself too. A device costing less than 12 euro delivered to your door and that can be fitted in a few minutes with no need for a mechanic saving you up to 25% off your annual fuel bill?...Its bound to be too good to be true I suppose.

can anyone explain in lay mans term without the sales mans pre recording, what it consists of, i have looked at the link and all it told me was how my fuel bill was 2200 p/a and this would save me 600 p/a ,

is it some kind of slow down filter that slows down the amount of fuel entering the carb, or injector,

or what the hell is it

Get a rock from your garden.

Call it a magic rock and create a website.

????

Profit!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

100 % total and utter rubbish, if it could do what they say for 12 euro, do you not think companies likeFord Motor Company, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, BMW, Mercedes etc would fit this revolutionary technology to all their cars and have it as a retro fit to all the cars they have built ?

Sometimes of it's too good to be true, it probably is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.
    Homer: Oh, how does it work?
    Lisa: It doesn't work.
    Homer: Uh-huh.
    Lisa: It's just a stupid rock.
    Homer: Uh-huh.
    Lisa: But I don't see any tigers around, do you?
    [Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]
    Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Seriously OP, why don't you get it and report back to us how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

fryup wrote: »
    Seriously OP, why don't you get it and report back to us how you get on

Well I'll be the first to admit I do make my fair share of slip ups but I don't think I'm a complete fool either. After all the the negative comments above I think it would be kinda silly to speculate the 12 euro. What I'd like to know now is how are these cowboys getting away with it. Should the advertising authorities or SIMI or some crowd like that not be closing them down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

Well I'll be the first to admit I do make my fair share of slip ups but I don't think I'm a complete fool either. After all the the negative comments above I think it would be kinda silly to speculate the 12 euro. What I'd like to know now is how are these cowboys getting away with it. Should the advertising authorities or SIMI or some crowd like that not be closing them down?

Welcome to the Internet my friend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Lucifer wrote: »

dont go there runtothe hills will burst in with some twin towers and petrol companies genetically engineering our food to enslave us to lizards type story.

There magnets and its a con that has been around for a long time.

Other common cons are
    • Hydrogen generators
    • Acetone
    • Fuel magnets
    • resistor kits
    • Tin foil vortex generators
    • resistor kits that melt your ecu
    • Echotec valves (expensive air leak)
    All a load of balls

Should the advertising authorities or SIMI or some crowd like that not be closing them down?
    LOL - SIMI protect consumers lol

edit:
    click on the link at the bottom of the page

Company Name: PowerSellingMammy
    Principal: Breege O'Reilly
    Address: Mulleneeny
    Derrylin, Fermanagh BT929JZ
    Phone:
    Fax:
    Email: infomagicfuelsaver.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

how are these cowboys getting away with it.

Well, they do say that if you're not completely satisfied, you can have a refund*

*All Fuel Savers returned under the 90-day Money Back Guarantee / Lifetime Warranty's exchange are subject to administrative and handling charges of €2.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well seeing that most modern cars have trip computers, you could easily calculate to see if its making a difference??

Advertisement