Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens when your nervous

Options
  • 26-04-2009 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

For me my left leg twitches, I don't mean a small amount of twitching I can't make it move as fast if I tried, awkward if I'm driving. My brother laughs, he told me he met his exs brother(wasn't a good break up) he was fairly p*ssed off with my brother and of course my brother thought he was going to end up fighting, que the nerves and the laugh which only made things worse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

My bowels relax....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

you screw up a lot ,somtimes spewing gibberish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

When I get nervous, I get scared. And when motherfuckers get scared, that's when motherfuckers accidentally get shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,361 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I usually feel a warm foul smelling liquid running down the back of leg and into my sock.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I usually feel a warm foul smelling liquid running down the back of leg and into my sock.

Piss on the attacker, then run like feck;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Brix will be shat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

rarnes1 wrote: »

Jeyes Fluid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

My palms get sweaty, I get a little light headed and find it hard to concentrate on anything and in between the cheeks of my arse gets itchy.....just like everyone else I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

i feel like I'm asleep and go quiet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I gibber and fidget. I know you will find this hard to believe.. but Im a talker :pac: but if I'm anxious its 10 times worse. Oh and I froth at the mouth. No, not really.

Abigayle wrote: »
    I gibber and fidget.... Oh and I froth at the mouth.

This thread is about what happens when you're nervous, not what happens when you have an epileptic fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

I don't know tbh, it depends on the given situation. When something unexpected is happening I usually try to gather my thoughts and not panic. I couldn't tell you the last time I was nervous, doesn't happen too often, if ever, maybe I'm one of the lucky ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

I usually laugh and or get butterflies in my tummy (and no I never slept with a butterfly, thats just a nasty rumour!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

My heart starts beating really, really fast and sometimes I do get butterflies in my stomach (but don't actually throw up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

It depends on the situation...

If i'm nervous singing at a gig or something, then my legs will shake.

If i'm trying to make an impression, then i'll talk sh*te and very fast.

If I like someone and I get nervous, i'll prob laugh like a feckin eejit til they think that i'm completely nuts or something. When I get really nervous, I tend to get embarrassed and therefore just want to hide or runaway or something.:o

I'm very lucky that I don't go red though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I usually tend to get cotton mouth. Followed by a warm tingly feeling in my stomach akin to butterflies, then the tingly goes down my arms. It's weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

My heart starts beating really, really fast and sometimes I do get butterflies in my stomach (but don't actually throw up)

yeah same as that here....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

i just absolutely **** myself

Abigayle wrote: »
    I gibber and fidget. I know you will find this hard to believe.. but Im a talker :pac: but if I'm anxious its 10 times worse. Oh and I froth at the mouth. No, not really.

same as, I waffle even more than normal when Im nervous. I also giggle alot and my voice quivers. I have low blood pressure so if I'm really really nervous I get quite dizzy!

• Advertisement

When I get nervous I start jabbering on about premiership football, even though I know arseall about it...

"So that Cantona, is he out of prison yet?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Never get nervous around strangers for some reason,, but whenever I have to talk/perform in front of people I shake really badly, and my mind goes blank.

But the other week, I (sort of nearly) got mugged and just froze... i've never reacted like that before

Advertisement