Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kasabian

Options
  • 26-04-2009 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

did anyone catch the video for "fire" yet? saw it on NME yesterday...good ****. also, downloaded "vlad the impaler" for free on their site....another awesome song. and there is a commercial out for football and i beleive its a new kasabian song being played in the background.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

"Underdog" is another song off the new album, give it a listen on youtube, quality tune. Will I be seeing you in Cork in June for their gig, should be immense?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

"Underdog" is another song off the new album, give it a listen on youtube, quality tune. Will I be seeing you in Cork in June for their gig, should be immense?

no broadband internet yet :( getting it put in next week though, so ill give it a listen then. some bull**** about our line not being compatible... i dont know how im living with dial up.

didnt even know they were playing in cork. who else is playing with them? im behind with the info as a result of this dial up!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Theyre playing the marquee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The Marquee gig is ok to discuss but do a bit of research before posting about any other gig or venue (see stickies at the top of this forum if you don't know what I'm talking about - most of you should though).

Don't need to go to Cork after all, although I was looking forward to it. Save myself some money though,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'm not a fan of kasabain but the new album is fairly decent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

^ no I'm just special :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

Cork Marquee gig cancelled:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Siobhers

dammit i was hoping it wasnt true. ffs wonder why?

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/content/view/383/105/

Aw well I still get to see them.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Thats a shame about the Cork gig, they are very good live!

Great new album btw,loving it..few anthems there as expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

West Ryder now streaming on:

http://uk.myspace.com/kasabian

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Very good album, although i read a review of it and it mentioned that it feels like there's just something missing and i agree, hard to put my finger on it.

Stand out tracks are "Where is all the love gone?", "Secret Alphabets" and the best track on the album IMO "Take Aim". This is bound to become another one of those anthems for them. Dont really like "Happiness" or "West Rider Silver Bullet", which i was looking forward to hearing Rosario Dawson's part but its really only limited backing singing on the track.

Saw them perform Fire on Jools Holland - fantastic. Extremely Primal Screamy.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Just bought the new album last night and am loving it! Best tracks for me are 'Where did all the love go', 'The Underdog' and 'Fast Fuse'. A bit more mainstream than their previous stuff if you ask me but i dont really mind. Apparently the album was produced by the same guy who worked with the Gorillaz which is something you'll definitely notice listening through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

love the new album. i think its their best so far. they have started to evolve a bit, which all good bands do. i hate dancing, but vlad the impaler makes me want to dance. is it me or could this whole album be a soundtrack to a bond or bourne flick? it screams out espionage to me...love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rawl123

Kasabian's new album is brilliant!! They are so good live too. Seen them twice in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

they're amateur at best, not at all primal screamy, about ten years too late with their sound and that fire track sounds like abba for **** sake.
    i dont like them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Great album

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Great band. New album is good. A bit surprised that they got a Mercury Music nomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Dudess wrote: »
    Saw them perform Fire on Jools Holland - fantastic. Extremely Primal Screamy.

I never really listened to them before, got this album, and I am feeling a lot of PS, early Oasis in some, and a little Stone Roses. They are definately the sum of their influences...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The lead singer has swine flu apparently. Couldn't happen to a nicer lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I assume you mean Tom Meighan ? What are your particular issues with him ? He's a show boater and plays the part of a cocky lead singer perfectly, but that's only really an act in the fine traditions of rock'n'roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Jip wrote: »
    I assume you mean Tom Meighan ? What are your particular issues with him ? He's a show boater and plays the part of a cocky lead singer perfectly, but that's only really an act in the fine traditions of rock'n'roll.

All very well and good when the music and talent are there to back up the showboating. Sadly in Kasabian's case, they aren't.

It is true he has swine flu though. He caught it in Japan apparently.

I suppose it's a matter of opinion - I really like any Kasabian stuff I've heard. I also like Kaiser Chiefs stuff I've heard - and a lot of Razorlight stuff. But apparently I shouldn't. Oh well. :)

That guy Meighan seems to come across as all right in interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Coco_16

brilliant album !! love the way their sytle alters just that little bit ! only thought there was something missing on few tracks bt nt the whole album! take aim, underdog and where is all the love gone are my top picks!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Really need to start listening to these guys more. Great band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

are they playin the arthur guinnes day?

• Advertisement

but1er wrote: »
    are they playin the arthur guinnes day?

yes

Advertisement