Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be better all round, build on your foundations with Leggo and help the scouts.

Options
  • 26-04-2009 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭

Earlier on Redjoker announced the news that he is to be Leggo poker's new sponsored pro and as a result gave some of us lucky people a free week's worth of access. Since I won a free week's access to Leggo poker and since i play perfect poker i thought it would be better to auction it off and donate the money to Kayroo's scout charity run. The details about the scout problems are here
    Suggestions for a Fundraiser: Please Take the Time To Read
    Not sure if this is the right place but I don't want a thread title to show up on the front page.

As many of you know I am a leader in my local Scout group. The recession has hit everyone hard but some people harder than others. In my own section we have 3 kids who cannot afford to pay for their camp this year, as well as the equipment (sleeping bag, roll mat, rucksack, water-proofs) that the kids need when they come with us. Within the entire group (there are 4 sections) we have maybe 10 kids in this situation.

I am looking for suggestions for a fundraiser to help us pay for these kids. Without it these kids will miss out on a wonderful opportunity. Normally I would not ask here but I have reasons why. Many of the parents are proud and none of us like public charity as it makes us feel beholden to others. By raising money in some way away from my home town and away from anyone in my community we can spare these people having to share their misfortunes.

Last week a mother of a child in my group stood in our den as myself and the other leaders chipped in to pay her sons registration, as well as giving him a uniform. I took off the neckerchief I had around my neck and gave it to him as well. I saw tears in the woman's eyes from the relief of not having to spend €60 or so to get these things new. She had come down to us 3 weeks late with the €20 deposit for camp because it took her that long to save the €20 to give to us.

I am not asking anyone here for money. I have been involved with charity organisations my entire life and I do not believe in tin-shaking for donations. I simply am asking for suggestions as to ways I can quietly raise between €500-€700 euro, which should cover the most needy of these kids.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and I am grateful for any suggestions you might have.

So as im not sure if ill be definitely making it to the game in cellbridge i thought what better way to help out than to auction this week's access off and donating it to the tourney. If you dont have access to Leggo already, it is one of the best online training sites around. The videos are all downloadable so there is the potential to watch them over and over again thus getting more value than your small donation to the cause. Even if you've access already a few dollars wont break the bank and if you're a high roller then making a small donation might be your only option as no doubt you'll be too busy pwning online to get to a live donkument.

I'll close the the bidding on wednesday and id like to get some worth while value for it so id like to start the bidding at 20 dollars and have it in 2 dollar increments in the beginning and if it gets over 40 quid in 5 dollars then.

Its for a good cause so i hope you's can all get behind it.

Cheers

Comments

Cheers Gordo, just saw this. Thanks a lot.

Is this a silent auction or something?

I'll start us off with the $20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

Why dollars not euro? 22 here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

26 yo yo's

• Advertisement

28 euro then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Yes sorry I should of specified whether or not it was a blind auction or not. The reason i said dollars was out of convenience as i thought it would be easier to just player transfer the money online rather than getting euro to me.

Youve a better chance of getting me to pay up in real money

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

30 bananas

• Advertisement

Just bumping this for the sake of it. sorry conor if you thought it would slip away and you'd sneak in with the highest bid. Anyway it stands at 32 euro, surely someone out there could invest more than that and in return you're guaranteed to become a better player so will recoup your investment in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Ill make it 50 to go

rag2gar wrote: »
    Ill make it 50 to go

cheers gary,your offer is the benchmark now

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ElectraBlue

trishakids wrote: »
    60 quid and a s***. Dont think many will top that!

Hmmm I thought Trish's offer beats Rag2Gar's €50?!

Thanks Trippie

so if there is no more takers it will be gary's

Advertisement