Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

france ehu

Options
  • 25-04-2009 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Not been on here for a while....

We're all booked for France in 4 weeks time, and I was wondering if I can use the same EHU cable as I use over here??

Cheers

Chris
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

chrisblack wrote: »
    Hi Guys

We're all booked for France in 4 weeks time, and I was wondering if I can use the same EHU cable as I use over here??

Cheers

Chris

They use the same sockets over there as we have here. Your existing cable will work.

Enjoy the hols. Lets us know how you get on. Where are you heading for??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

Where a we heading "France"...

what we doing when we get there?? Chasing the sun probably (if there is any in late may early june...)

Probably head halfway down (La Rochelle) as we have friends near there who we want to visit.

Apart from that it's going to be a 12 day adventure (except the kids want to do Eurodisney and maybe Paris)..

Cheers

Chris

Where a we heading "France"...

what we doing when we get there?? Chasing the sun probably (if there is any in late may early june...)

Probably head halfway down (La Rochelle) as we have friends near there who we want to visit.

Apart from that it's going to be a 12 day adventure (except the kids want to do Eurodisney and maybe Paris)..

Cheers

Chris

I was a little further south last year at the same time. The weather was grand. I would set aside at least two full days for eurodisney (or maybe 3!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Chasing the sun probably (if there is any in late may early june...)
    You'll be grand, it's been t-shirt weather here for the last 10 days.

Can't wait to get there....

Hagar are you using your "irish" ehu cable?

Also anyone done the drive from west cork to rosslare in a van - I haven't a clue how long it will take - 5 hrs??

Chris

• Advertisement

No, but have have one in a bag in the garage. I live down here, Vidauban, off the A8 between junctions 35 and 36. If you make it this far give me a shout an we can meet up for a verre rosé. ;)

Can't wait to get there....

Hagar are you using your "irish" ehu cable?

Also anyone done the drive from west cork to rosslare in a van - I haven't a clue how long it will take - 5 hrs??

Chris

A google map search shows Skibereen (if you are that far west) to Rosslare harbour at 4 hours 7 mins (279 km) so you should be ok with 5 hours including a break.

It also shows Roscoff to La Rochelle at 5 hours 18 mins (460 km). I would say it would be more in a MH.

Thanks Kol

I never know whether to trust those times - travelling in the van or car is a totally different mph..

Oh,and your not far away with Skibbereen.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

Hello, I always measure distance by calculating the distance (map) and then I allow an average of 50mph, it's never failed me yet. Sometimes i'm early, but never late. Hope that's of some use to you.;)

Not a bad idea - although in my '92 Ducato, I'd say 40 mph may nearer??

Chris

• Advertisement

Check your fuel prices. It would probably be wise to enter Britain with a full tank and arrive in France with an empty one. When in France Elf stations or supermarket stations are the cheapest place to buy fuel. Don't buy on the motorways it will be 15c to 20c per litre more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Germar

Hi Guys

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

Not sure if have a Mains hook up adapter as some French sites still use continental style plugs.
    http://www.charlescamping.ie/onlinestore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_260_265&products_id=382Also also a Mains Tester
    Plugs into 240volt/13amp socket and gives an instant readout of wiring polarity and tests for earth faults
    http://www.charlescamping.ie/onlinestore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_260_268&products_id=388

as reverse polarity may cause damage.

Advertisement