Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper Insurance - Service when you need them?

Options
  • 25-04-2009 9:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

We had already a few threads about the (limited) choice of camper insurances in Ireland. As of now I know of 3 brokers:

http://www.stuartinsurances.ie/
    http://www.ril.ie/
    http://www.dolmen-insurance.ie/

However, with this thread I'd like to get some feedback on how good the brokers are when you really need them - e.g. in case of a claim, a change or a question. I think that'd be a very important part of choosing the right broker.

Any good or bad experience?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 aspen01

I will share my experience with Dolmen Insurance here. And I'm wondering if the other brokers are as bad. Otherwise, I seriously would consider changing.

The claim:
    I had a windscreen damage on my camper and my insurance policy said that it is fully covered. I called Dolmen and they told me to get it repaired and simply send in the receipt. Great !! We sent the receipt in the beginning of March. A week later we called to confirm that they got everything. So far so good. :)

The chasing:
    Weeks passed and no money in sight. Around Easter we called and when we got transferred to the claims department nobody picked up the phone. We tried it at least 5 times over a couple of days. At reception they couldn't care less. The following week we called again and finally got through to somebody who knew nothing about it and said that the person who had dealt with it is not with the company anymore (should make no difference to me). We had to call her back 3 times to get a clear picture of where our documents are and we were assured that it has been forwarded to AXA insurance. The money should be transferred within the week. The week has long passed and still no money. :mad:

The next steps??
    We will need to call them again (annoying). Or should we call AXA? Any advice appreciated.
    Are the other brokers better? This is the second time that I didn't get proper service from Dolmen. :confused:

Final Recommendation:
    Don't go with Dolmen Insurance, because when you need them there are NOT there for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I have only had experience with Dolmen when I needed to get insurance cover and for renewals with no problems. Luckily i have never had to contact them for a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Been with Stuarts since the dawn of time. Never had a claim, so nothing to report there. Their service has always been friendly, helpful and fast. (Had a few cases of temporary insurance and switching between different vehicles and never an issue)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 champer

Am with Dolmen and had a claim against me, to be fair they handled absouletly everything and barely bothered me at all. Also no increse the following year but I believe that is how they all work.

Advertisement