Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Req] Campsite parking at short notice (Ireland)

Options
  • 25-04-2009 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I’m researching to buy a motorhome and have a query. I’ve been previously told that the motorhome holiday is one of great flexibility & freedom, that it is common to not book campsites in advance and to just simply turn up on spec.

In relation to trips on the island of Ireland, is it quite plausible that one could decide on a Friday to take a trip to places like Cork/Kerry, Clare, Galway/Mayo, Donegal or the North of Ireland and that in all likelihood motorhome campsites would be able to accommodate that person for the whole weekend. Also, is there a season in which campsites are available in Ireland and if yes, what are the (approximate) beginning and end dates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance for all responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I think the season usually kicks off around St.Patreick's day and runs till around September. There's a few that open all year round. http://www.camping-ireland.ie/parks.html gives a good list with opening dates etc. A book version is available from most tourist offices and I'f you email them the may even send you a free copy.
    No harm to phone the campsite in advance as they can get a bit busy during summer months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Most times if you turn up on spec you will in but you may not always get an electrical hook up in sites where they dont have many serviced hard stands.

Advertisement