Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!! Backing tracks skipping on laptop when gigging

Options
  • 25-04-2009 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I've just recently set up a 2-piece band using 2 guitars and backing tracks, we run the backing tracks through a laptop which is then connected to the desk but now we are getting problems with some of the tracks skipping,i know it sounds wierd how can a track on a laptop skip but thats what it sounds like,does anybody have any ideas what could be causing this or how to prevent it .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

alan62 wrote: »
    I've just recently set up a 2-piece band using 2 guitars and backing tracks, we run the backing tracks through a laptop which is then connected to the desk but now we are getting problems with some of the tracks skipping,i know it sounds wierd how can a track on a laptop skip but thats what it sounds like,does anybody have any ideas what could be causing this or how to prevent it .

Have you got any programs running in the background that could be hogging the CPU or RAM?

Are there any scans set to run when you boot up the computer?

If you are using the laptop for a gig you would be best turning off any programs and services that are not necessary for the playback of tracks. You could exit anti-virus, MSN, Skype, and so on which should free up resources. Also turn off wireless function unless you specifically need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GarryWest

Alan
    It is more than likely either your internet trying to connect or roaming to find a signal OR your anti virus. Both these will cause backing tracks to skip randomly. I always make sure both these features are turned off when I use the laptop for accompaniment.

Advertisement