Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New body for liaison with BBC to include Humanists (Article)

Options
  • 24-04-2009 5:44pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Full Article
    In a significant development and welcome break with past policy, humanists are to be represented alongside religions in a new body liaising with the BBC – the Standing Conference on Religion and Belief. The Standing Conference on Religion and Belief succeeds the Central Religious Advisory Committee (CRAC), and will liaise with the BBC on matters of common concern to the BBC and religious groups and, now, humanists.

I like the quote from Philip Pullman:
    ‘the wider the range of voices and opinions represented in the conference, the better it will be. At a time when ‘faith’ seems to have become an all-purpose adjective of vague commendation (faith communities, faith schools, faith groups, and so on) it’s important to help people understand that morality, ethics, concern for the poor and so on are not the sole property of those who believe in a God.’

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dades wrote: »
    I like the quote from Philip Pullman:

I agree. He'd make a great president.

Advertisement